Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
When you reply to report some issues, make sure to change the subject. It is not helpful to keep the release announcement subject in a thread while discussing a specific problem.
Packages changed: icu (57.1 -> 58.2) nano (2.8.0 -> 2.8.1) purple-facebook (0.9.0 -> 0.9.3) squid (3.5.24 -> 3.5.25) terminus-bitmap-fonts (4.39 -> 4.40) xf86-video-siliconmotion yast2-dhcp-server (3.2.1 -> 3.2.2)
=== Details ===
==== icu ==== Version update (57.1 -> 58.2)
- Update to new upstream release 58.2 * CLDR 30.0.3: + Fix incorrect data for number of Cantonese speakers in China. + Hani_Latn transform was not updated with Unihan 9.0 kMandarin readings. * Time zone database version 2016j * #12815 uspoof_getSkeleton sets backwards-incompatible illegal argument exception * #12825 uspoof_check goes into an "infinite loop" when U+30FB is in an input string * #12832 GreekUpper::toUpper skips the final character on a non-terminated UTF-8 string * #12849 u_strToTitle returns incorrect length if destination is NULL - Update to new upstream release 58.1 * CLDR 30.0.2: For details of the many changes in CLDR, see CLDR 30. Some things to note: * For some combinations of numbering system (arab, arabext, latn) and/or locale (ar, fa, he), there were changes to the bidirectional control characters used with certain symbols (percent, minus, plus), and changes to number patterns (currency and/or percent, including addition of bidirectional control characters in some cases). * Thhe bidirectional controls used for such purposes include U+061C ARABIC LETTER MARK (ALM), which requires use of the bidirectional algorithm from Unicode 6.3 or later. * The time separator for Norwegian locales (nb, nn) was changed to be ':' throughout. * Unicode 9.0: Version 9.0 adds exactly 7,500 characters, for a total of 128,172 characters. These additions include six new scripts, 19 symbols for the new 4K TV standard, and 72 new emoji characters. * Draft Emoji 4.0 data * Emoji updates for word & line breaking * UBiDiTransform/BidiTransform API for convenient transformation of text between different Bidi layouts. * MeasureFormat API for measurement unit display names * Most COUNT and LIMIT enum constants have been deprecated * SpoofChecker: Handling of "whole script confusables" has been removed from ICU, in accordance with its removal from UTS #39 Version 9.0.0 and the removal of the corresponding Unicode data file. * Greek uppercasing ("el" locale ID) removes most diacritics. * More robust locale data loading across ICU implementation code. * Reduced heap memory usage in DateTimePatternGenerator
==== nano ==== Version update (2.8.0 -> 2.8.1) Subpackages: nano-lang
- GNU nano 2.8.1: * fix scrolling problems in softwrap mode when double-width characters on row boundaries are involved * show double-width characters as ">" and "<" when split across two rows * move the cursor more predictably (at the cost of sometimes putting it on the second "half" of a character) * avoid creating lines that consist of only blanks when using autoindent * make ^Home and ^End go to the start and end of the file (on terminals that support those keystrokes) * place the cursor better when linting * let the linter ask only once whether to open an included file * add bindings for ^Up and ^Down in the file browser
==== purple-facebook ==== Version update (0.9.0 -> 0.9.3)
- Update to version 0.9.3 (changes since 0.9.0): * This is now the minimum required version. It fixes connection errors after facebook discontinued support for old versions of facebook messenger for android. While most of the protocol implementation was already above that version, there was a subtle change that broke fetching of sync_sequence_id, and the previously empty MQTT user agent string is now considered an old version too. * Set the MQTT user agent to look like Orca-Android 22.214.171.124.155 Fixes errors when trying to send messages. * Use the new ThreadListQuery hash for seq id only, not for thread queries. * Fixes groupchat join errors. * Send orca-formatted user agent for all HTTP requests too. Fixes "Failed to parse thread information" errors when joining channels.
==== squid ==== Version update (3.5.24 -> 3.5.25)
- Update Squid to 3.5.25 * Fix host forgery stalls intercepted being-spliced connections * Native FTP relay fixes, now able to cope with active-mode FTP DATA connections when intercepting FTP traffic. * SSL Bump client fixes. Error responses for issues encountered early in the TLS/SSL handling being sent to clients unencrypted when Squid should have bumped and delivered them encrypted.
==== terminus-bitmap-fonts ==== Version update (4.39 -> 4.40)
- Update to version 4.40 * Added 6 combining accents as separate characters. * Added 14 letters with dot above / dot below. * Added partial subscript and superscript: all digits and 11 letters. * Added 30+ math characters, notably large braces, brackets and parens. * Added unicode range 2800-28FF in two variants (br1 and br2). * A few small character fixes. * Altered configure to be a bit more POSIX compliant. * Replaced some obscure (un)install Makefile targets with variables. - Set direct source URL
==== xf86-video-siliconmotion ====
- u_siliconmotion_fix_segfault_on_xorg_server_1.19.patch * fixes segfault at ScreenInit on Xorg server 1.19 (boo#1033528)
==== yast2-dhcp-server ==== Version update (3.2.1 -> 3.2.2)
- Fixed a crash at start when the "dhcp-server" package was not installed in the system. The crash happens with the latest yast2-core and yast2-ruby-bindings packages (it is related to the bsc#932331 fix). - 3.2.2