Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: MozillaFirefox (96.0.2 -> 96.0.3) alsa-utils audacity git (2.34.1 -> 2.35.1) protobuf (3.19.3 -> 3.19.4) python-fsspec (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0) python-gcsfs (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0) python-s3fs (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0) qemu suse-module-tools (16.0.18 -> 16.0.19) yast2 (4.4.42 -> 4.4.43) yast2-network (4.4.34 -> 4.4.35) yast2-samba-client (4.4.2 -> 4.4.3)
=== Details ===
==== MozillaFirefox ==== Version update (96.0.2 -> 96.0.3) Subpackages: MozillaFirefox-translations-common
- Mozilla Firefox 96.0.3 (bsc#1195230) * Fixed an issue that allowed unexpected data to be submitted in some of our search telemetry (bmo#1752317)
==== alsa-utils ====
- Fix the broken mouse support on alsamixer: 0002-alsamixer-Revert-has_mouse-check.patch
==== audacity ==== Subpackages: audacity-lang
- Added conditional %post and %postun for Leap, to fix boo#1194977
==== git ==== Version update (2.34.1 -> 2.35.1) Subpackages: git-core git-cvs git-daemon git-email git-gui git-svn git-web gitk perl-Git
- update to 2.35.1: * fix "rebase" and "stash" in a secondary worktree - update to 2.35.0: * "_" is now treated as any other URL-valid characters in an URL when matching the per-URL configuration variable names. * The color palette used by "git grep" has been updated to match that of GNU grep. * "git status --porcelain=v2" now show the number of stash entries with --show-stash like the normal output does. * "git stash" learned the "--staged" option to stash away what has been added to the index (and nothing else). * "git var GIT_DEFAULT_BRANCH" is a way to see what name is used for the newly created branch if "git init" is run. * Various operating modes of "git reset" have been made to work better with the sparse index. * "git submodule deinit" for a submodule whose .git metadata directory is embedded in its working tree refused to work, until the submodule gets converted to use the "absorbed" form where the metadata directory is stored in superproject, and a gitfile at the top-level of the working tree of the submodule points at it. The command is taught to convert such submodules to the absorbed form as needed. * The completion script (in contrib/) learns that the "--date" option of commands from the "git log" family takes "human" and "auto" as valid values. * "Zealous diff3" style of merge conflict presentation has been added. * The "git log --format=%(describe)" placeholder has been extended to allow passing selected command-line options to the underlying "git describe" command. * "default" and "reset" have been added to our color palette. * The cryptographic signing using ssh keys can specify literal keys for keytypes whose name do not begin with the "ssh-" prefix by using the "key::" prefix mechanism (e.g. "key::ecdsa-sha2-nistp256"). * "git fetch" without the "--update-head-ok" option ought to protect a checked out branch from getting updated, to prevent the working tree that checks it out to go out of sync. The code was written before the use of "git worktree" got widespread, and only checked the branch that was checked out in the current worktree, which has been updated. * "git name-rev" has been tweaked to give output that is shorter and easier to understand. * "git apply" has been taught to ignore a message without a patch with the "--allow-empty" option. It also learned to honor the "--quiet" option given from the command line. * The "init" and "set" subcommands in "git sparse-checkout" have been unified for a better user experience and performance. * Many git commands that deal with working tree files try to remove a directory that becomes empty (i.e. "git switch" from a branch that has the directory to another branch that does not would attempt remove all files in the directory and the directory itself). This drops users into an unfamiliar situation if the command was run in a subdirectory that becomes subject to removal due to the command. The commands have been taught to keep an empty directory if it is the directory they were started in to avoid surprising users. * "git am" learns "--empty=(stop|drop|keep)" option to tweak what is done to a piece of e-mail without a patch in it. * The default merge message prepared by "git merge" records the name of the current branch; the name can be overridden with a new option to allow users to pretend a merge is made on a different branch. * The way "git p4" shows file sizes in its output has been updated to use human-readable units. * "git -c branch.autosetupmerge=inherit branch new old" makes "new" to have the same upstream as the "old" branch, instead of marking "old" itself as its upstream.
==== protobuf ==== Version update (3.19.3 -> 3.19.4) Subpackages: libprotobuf-lite30 libprotobuf30 python38-protobuf
- update to 3.19.4: Python: * Make libprotobuf symbols local on OSX to fix issue #9395 (#9435) Ruby: * Fixed a data loss bug that could occur when the number of optional fields in a message is an exact multiple of 32 PHP: * Fixed a data loss bug that could occur when the number of optional fields in a message is an exact multiple of 32.
==== python-fsspec ==== Version update (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0)
- Update to 2022.1.0 * Fix blocks cache metadata (#746) * Fix default SMB port (#853) * Fix caching fixes (#856, 855) * Fix explicit close for http files (#866) * Fix put_file to continue when no bytes (#869, 870) * temporary files location (#851, 871) * async abstract methods (#858, 859, 860) * md5 for FIPS (#872) * remove deprecated pyarrow/distutils (#880, 881) - Update flavored requirements: python36 no longer exists, python-distributed does not support python310 yet.
==== python-gcsfs ==== Version update (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0) Subpackages: python38-gcsfs python38-gcsfs-fuse
- Update to 2022.01.0 * update refname for versions (#442)
==== python-s3fs ==== Version update (2021.11.1 -> 2022.1.0)
- Update to 2022.01.1 * aiobotocore dep to 2.1.0 (#564) * docs for non-aws (#567) * ContentType in info (#570) * small-file ACL (#574)
==== qemu ==== Subpackages: qemu-accel-qtest qemu-accel-tcg-x86 qemu-arm qemu-audio-spice qemu-block-curl qemu-block-dmg qemu-block-gluster qemu-block-iscsi qemu-block-nfs qemu-block-rbd qemu-block-ssh qemu-chardev-baum qemu-chardev-spice qemu-guest-agent qemu-hw-display-qxl qemu-hw-display-virtio-gpu qemu-hw-display-virtio-gpu-pci qemu-hw-display-virtio-vga qemu-hw-usb-host qemu-hw-usb-redirect qemu-hw-usb-smartcard qemu-ipxe qemu-ksm qemu-kvm qemu-lang qemu-microvm qemu-ppc qemu-s390x qemu-seabios qemu-sgabios qemu-skiboot qemu-tools qemu-ui-curses qemu-ui-gtk qemu-ui-opengl qemu-ui-spice-app qemu-ui-spice-core qemu-vgabios qemu-vhost-user-gpu qemu-x86
- Enable modules for testsuite * Patches added: meson-build-all-modules-by-default.patch
==== suse-module-tools ==== Version update (16.0.18 -> 16.0.19)
- Update to version 16.0.19: * Add /etc/modprobe.d/README on SLE/Leap (bsc#1195051) * rpm-script: force-copy kernel to /boot (boo#1194501)
==== yast2 ==== Version update (4.4.42 -> 4.4.43) Subpackages: yast2-logs
- ProductFeatures: add boot timeout option (jsc#SLE-22667) - 4.4.43
==== yast2-network ==== Version update (4.4.34 -> 4.4.35)
- jsc#SLE-22015 - make the code conform to inclusive naming, most masters and slaves are gone. Kept only where makes sense - interface to sysconfig - "slave" was replaced by "port" as this naming is already used by kernel code. "Master" was replaced by directly mentioning "bond" (device) or "parent" in areas where the code is somehow shared with e.g., bridge. Devices are not "enslaved" anymore, but mostly "included". - 4.4.35
==== yast2-samba-client ==== Version update (4.4.2 -> 4.4.3)
- Switch from file based krb5 ccache to kernel keyring; (bsc#1109830); - 4.4.3