This is a backup etherpad as we can't really use etherpad.opensuse.org because of https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/90230
All meeting minutes can be found here:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting (workaround for poo#90230) https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting
lkocman, skriesch, bittin, dleuenberger,guillaume_g, rbrown, maxlin, sbahling, ddemaio, gp
!!! Please be aware that this meeting is hosted on https://meet.opensuse.org/ReleaseEngineeringMeeting
Waiting for last ~200 rebuilds on aarch64 to have a new build. We were not able to produce a build for past 8 days and last two builds were not publishable. aarch64 so far takes the most.
firewalld 0.9.X Community request update was delayed (some people already asked about it). Please expect in the next build.
RC Code submission deadline is in a week (21st April 2021). We will only accept high-priority bug fixes after that. Rest would have to be treated as a maintenance update.
If you haven't participated in Leap 15.3 Beta testing yet, you have last week before RC submission deadline. This is also when we start to send out t-shirts to people registered in the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGKijKpKiJCB616-bHVoNQuhWHpQLHPWCb3m...
Community features: the cobbler + pulp user story will get delayed. SUMA engineering has currently no free resources. Rest of DNF related features is on track
lkocman: just to note that there will be a workshop for the SLE Micro free-alternative
Looking into https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1183430
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* GNOME 40 in Snapshot 20210414+ * KDE Plasma 5.21.4 in Snapshot 20210414+ * Kernel 5.11.14 staged * Mesa 21 is WIP in devel prj; build system changes make it a bit more time-consuming * Python 3.9 is in staging, requiring some modules to be improved * GCC 11 as the default compiler is being tested in a Staging
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
Kubernetes 1.21 and updates for 1.19 and 1.20 in staging Kubernetes 1.18 to be dropped
Experiments started on a MicroOS build optimised for Rancher use cases MicroOS Desktop (GNOME) Beta has been released, some pattern tuning identified before it can be considered production ready
* Created a list of packages for adding to subpackage module in order to fix noarch package issue https://github.com/nilxam/leap_development/blob/master/scripts/backports_dro... , waiting for these packages be added to subpackage module * Have to whitelist python-dns-lexicon due to conflicting with the python-lexicon, affecting certbot packages * ARM build is slow on Backports (lkocman I'll escalate it to autobuild team director?, we need to fix this situation for 15.4) * Updated treeinfo to 15.3 * licensedigger was added to Backports project as reviewer (we need to have more complex checks, just like SLE) * no Backports key be fetched while local osc build, but openSUSE:Backprots:SLE-15-SP3 has not key, nor for openSUSE:Backports...
## Guillaume - Arm
Tumbleweed: * Some OBS workers seem slower than usual. obs-arm-3 is building chromium since 5 days... which prevent Tumbleweed on Arm to roll.
Leap 15.3 ARM: * aarch64: * A number of fixes are merged in Backports, some fixes need to go through SLE. Waiting for the end of the rebuild to check the remaining failures. * Armv7: * NET ISO still hangs in linuxrc (in hardware detection): https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1183795 * No publish area yet. http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/leap/15.3/ would be consistent with previous Leap releases. lkocman: we need to ping Adrian * Also need to move JeOS to :15.3:ARM:Images project at some point.
WSL: Stalled: WIP to have WSL on aarch64 on https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Guillaume_G:WSL The goal is to have WSL-DistroLauncher package built for aarch64. Help welcomed. SUSE is currently interviewing candidates for the WSL Engineering post. So far Jeff is still the only person working on the Engineering efforts (native kiwi support, and some current WSL build blockers on SLE).
Lubos is currently considering a hackweek project for WSL / aarch64. This is currently the plan.
## Michel ppc64le Not available
## Sarah - s390x
* Approval for private contributions after 2 days by the new employer -> Sarah can keep her role in the Release Engineering Team * creation of new test issues for new test suites * No new problems with Tumbleweed and Leap
## Doug * Leap 15.3
* Release annoucement pretty much complete. Plan to finalize release announcement in marketing meeting tonight - https://bit.ly/3dglFAP
* Beta t-shirts still coming in
* openSUSE Conference (June 18 - 20)
* Had Meeting (every Tuesday at 18:00 UTC on meet.o.o. & discord)
* Pre-recorded talks is recommended, but we have the ability to stream live talks
* Creating a video support team to assist with the video structures. Will have a meeting to determine exactly how to do everything
* WORKSHOPs for the conference are highly encouraged as we will be able to use BBB for workshops during the conference. Please submit workshops inhttps://events.opensuse.org/ (Some examples we hope to have are #DNF and SELinux)
* GSoC Mentor Org
* We have 15 proposals submitted. Sending out info to the mentors to make decisions on proposals.
* Deadline for proposal approvals by us is May 3.
Various fixes and version updates to Tumbleweed. Catchup on Step/Leap 15.3, cleaned released SLE updates from Step overlays. Still need to figure out numactl and a few others
Step: Still a lot of unsolved issues (e.g. requirements on sles- release, but sles-release disabled for non-SLE architectures)
Again reached out to Vojtech (and others) re message to SUSE folks in support of non-x86-64.
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
No update from Scott.
- Cleaning up Staging checking for necessary package updates for SLE - Preparing submit request for moving packages to subpackages repo in Package Hub to avoid release of conflicting noarch packages on x86_64 (conflicting with noarch packages from SLE WE and HPC) and solve issue with having source of HPC packages in Backports and in SLE HPC
TW - usr merge is stuck in staging N. We're running out of memory. If anyone has ideas or want to help with debugging then please do.
## Adrian - CtLG or openSUSE Step
We still don't know how to release ftp-tree for armv7.
Adrian: can we empty out every layer in openSUSE:Step project (merge back changes). For everything which is forked there, we have to have a separate maintenance stream.
Do we want Leap testing or not? Dirk: I do attempt to have all the overlays removed in next few days in the Step project. The main obstacle is the kernel. Team seems to be unable to add armv7 configs, which means we can't building. If we can find workaround for this problem then the rest can be solved.
Adrian: we still have to figure out how to ship maintenance updates. And we have to figure out how to auto-rebuild updates for SUSE:SLE-15, backports parts will be handled in a "standard way". Is this the way we want to go?
Dirk: I don't have resources for the maintenance stream. Adrian: I have to check on patchinfo. We'd rebuild maintenance release project, that's not the case in the other setups.
Adrian: we could still do layering in the Leap project itself.