I had to do several steps to use nfsv4 in SUSE. There is not much
documentation around nfsv4 at the time. Maybe it could be helpful to write a
README.SUSE so that more people could use/test nfsv4. Comments welcome!
1. First set up some principal and made a keytab (/etc/krb5.keytab) for the
server and client host/<FQDN> and nfs/<FQDN> (des-cbc-crc:normal only)
2. Activated nfs4 and gss in /etc/sysconfig/nfs
3. Had to make a missing directoy:.mkdir /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs (BUG?!)
4. Edited /etc/exports: added /home gss/krb5
5. Then I had to load some modules modprobe auth_rpcgss rpcsec_gss_krb5 .
Also added this to MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT to the file /etc/sysconfig/kernel
6. ln -s /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so or
8. Changed localhost to my domain name in /etc/idmap.conf
9. Started all needed Daemons nfsserver, idmap, svcgssd at the server and
idmap and gssd at the client
10. Mounted the Partition: mount -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5 beta:/ /nfs/beta/
Show replies by date