Closing the Leap Gap - Weekly Update
All meeting minutes can be found here:
New Meeting location: https://meet2.opensuse.org/ClosingTheLeapGap
(Friday 11:30 CEST)
!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE SESSION WAS MOVED TO
Attendees (please add yourself): lkocman, ddemaio, gp, Guillaume
1.0 Project plan:
3.0 Priority items and blockers
* Agree on scope of review/testing which is needed for changes coming
via SLE sync (IBS -> OBS). https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/70951
^ Feel free to add any ideas if you think that the current plan to
trigger botmaster pipeline which then would report the "diff" wouldn't
* Agree with Package Hub team and Release team on scope of co-operation
on Backports change requests.
^ Let's not leave it all to just package hub crew. We are here to help!
* Maintenance setup for Jump/Leap 15.2.1
* To agree on what can be delivered by end of October
List of features marked as "DeveloperProgram"
JUMP related work is tracked here
Simplified Feature request for openSUSE Leap contributors
4.0 Updates from individual teams
4.1 openSUSE Leap Release Management
Owner: Lubos Kocman
Lubos to talk to Migration team about their resources/availability for
any potent ion Migration testing from Jump to SLE 15 SP2 prior October
"release". Still pending will be done next week.
I received a complain for not advertising enough Jump prototype
* s390x still looking for openSUSE Jump / Leap rel-eng
Berthold attended first rel-eng call with no commitment yet.
* Currently open topic with openSUSE Board on having non-SUSE Employee
as a "project maintainer". Gerald sees no reason why the Board would
object (and isn't convinced this even falls into the realm of the
board) and will respond to Lubos' mail. Next step would be an internal
discussion with Security, Autobuild and Legal.
4.2. openSUSE Leap Release Engineering
Owner: Max Lin, Guillaume, Michel
Max: Re-enabled pkglistgen on botmaster after the pkglsitgen produce
wrong result issue got fixed. Jump is now consuming Backports
SP2:Update and all changes bellow. Scheduler is not working and
Autobuild is looking for it.
Jump 15.2.1 bump happened - We will keep 15.2 for services which may
otherwise have issues with the 15.2.1 version.
Still some AArch64 specific regressions from 15.2 to Jump.
* VLC is missing on aarch64:
^ Backports is build only for x86_64. This was already case for gdb on
* FPC compiler is missing for aarch64, which breaks gdb (and
probably more): https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/70393
=> So, it
needs a manual bootstrap or an update from 3.0.4 to 3.2.0 which have an
auto-boostrap process, but this would imply a rebuild of lazarus
package (as it seems to be touchy on fpc updates). Also keep in mind
that fpc fails to build on ThunderX2 machines:
so the build may
require few manual rebuilds.
^ lkocman: for both please open issue in Jump:15.2 and assign it to
Michel: same missing vlc for ppc64le/x86_64 for openQA tests.
lkocman to schedule a meeting with Packagehub Team early next week to
talk about poo#70954 and current issues on ARM and possible ppc64le.
Let's get a list of packages that have to be rebuild in Jump as they
still contain branding (should not be that many). These packages should
have a CtLG Feature requests in jira.suse.com
. Still pending
Adrian already re-published project manually but there is still some
work left to have it "implemented". Still pending. Lubos: to check o
the opensuse-admin issue.
4.3 SLE Release Management
Owner: Alex Herzig, Stefan Weiberg
Owner: Rüdiger Oertel Adrian Schroeter
jump content is public now after further fixes on pontifex:
Changelog generation is working now. Most likely still needs some
visual enhancements. Still an issue on pontifex to allow access to it.
Config of Jump/Backports is been fixed. Unfortuantly triggering a
problem in OBS blocking new product builds. Investigation is running
Update tree regeneration is still an open topic.
Adrian: suggests that we should add a README file to the toplevel
pontifex Jump directory, that this is an experimental project.
Lubos: will write a file containing the note.
Owner: Stephan Barth
Owner: Marcus Meissner
4.7 Package Hub
Owner: Wolfgang Engel, Scott Bahling
4.8 Beta Program
Owner: Vincent Moutoussamy
- All our discussions with the stakeholders of the project can be found
- When and how can we start building JeOS images for 15.3/Jump 15.2.1?
4.9 Engineering / Product Migration
Owner: Jiri Srain
installation-images difference: We need to analyze and document the
difference first to see whether there are options to unfork without
changes to the way we build media
4.10 Engineering - Kernel
Owner: Libor Pechacek
4.11 Engineering - Desktop
Owner: Frederic Crozat
4.12 Quality Assurance
Owner: Marita Werner, Heiko
Perhaps let's get somebody from QA migration team to act as a
4.13 SLE Architect
Owner: Thorsten Kukuk
4.14 Marketing and Community management
Owner: Douglas DeMaio
Alpha Prototype Jump is Available - https://bit.ly/2QzNyIa
Lubos: today's (past 14:30pm) Friday catchup with Emiel and Chris, Jump
will be definitely mentioned.
Lubos: How to raise more attention about Jump availability. (email to
Doug will re-send the announcement.
Review of the landing page for Jump before any further announcements
generally seemed like there was a lack of
Consider providing a survey on https://survey.opensuse.org/
for a Beta
Release of Jump to get feedback from the community. This would provide
good marketing material as well.
Owner: Gerald ;-)
Present, and looking forward towards seeing broader publicity around
Jump soon (project@ and otherwise).
NB: Smile damaged by dentist, not fierce discussions with Lubos. ;-)
4.16 Product Management
Owner: Stefan Behlert
Gerald reached out to PM for their take on/help with next steps in
regards to Jump/Leap 15.2.1 availability.