Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: fetchmail (6.4.19 -> 6.4.20) filesystem hxtools (20201116 -> 20210803) monitoring-plugins perl-Encode (3.10 -> 3.11) perl-Image-ExifTool (12.25 -> 12.29) rubygem-fog-libvirt (0.8.0 -> 0.9.0) squid (4.15 -> 4.16)
=== Details ===
==== fetchmail ==== Version update (6.4.19 -> 6.4.20) Subpackages: fetchmailconf
- Update to 6.4.20: [bsc#1188875, CVE-2021-36386] * CVE-2021-36386: DoS or information disclosure in some configurations. When a log message exceeds c. 2 kByte in size, for instance, with very long header contents, and depending on verbosity option, fetchmail can crash or misreport each first log message that requires a buffer reallocation. fetchmail then reallocates memory and re-runs vsnprintf() without another call to va_start(), so it reads garbage. The exact impact depends on many factors around the compiler and operating system configurations used and the implementation details of the stdarg.h interfaces of the two functions mentioned before.
==== filesystem ====
- Leave subdirectories of /srv mode 755 as the apache openqa test relies on it atm. Only set /srv itself to 555 - implement mkdir_p for ghost files as components may not exist - move usrmerge conversion to %pre instead of %pretrans (boo#1188847) - get rid of usrmerged macro usage, usrmerge is on in Factory always
==== hxtools ==== Version update (20201116 -> 20210803) Subpackages: fd0ssh ofl
- Update to release 20210803 * vfontas: read support for BDF * kbd: cp437x.uni learned a few Unicode codepoints for checkmarks (This is a Unicode glyph map for use with all cp437 fonts)
==== monitoring-plugins ==== Subpackages: monitoring-plugins-breeze monitoring-plugins-by_ssh monitoring-plugins-cluster monitoring-plugins-common monitoring-plugins-cups monitoring-plugins-dhcp monitoring-plugins-dig monitoring-plugins-disk monitoring-plugins-disk_smb monitoring-plugins-dns monitoring-plugins-dummy monitoring-plugins-file_age monitoring-plugins-flexlm monitoring-plugins-http monitoring-plugins-icmp monitoring-plugins-ide_smart monitoring-plugins-ifoperstatus monitoring-plugins-ifstatus monitoring-plugins-ircd monitoring-plugins-load monitoring-plugins-log monitoring-plugins-mailq monitoring-plugins-mrtg monitoring-plugins-mrtgtraf monitoring-plugins-nagios monitoring-plugins-nt monitoring-plugins-ntp_peer monitoring-plugins-ntp_time monitoring-plugins-nwstat monitoring-plugins-oracle monitoring-plugins-overcr monitoring-plugins-ping monitoring-plugins-procs monitoring-plugins-real monitoring-plugins-rpc monitoring-plugins-sensors monitoring-plugins-smtp monitoring-plugins-ssh monitoring-plugins -swap monitoring-plugins-tcp monitoring-plugins-time monitoring-plugins-ups monitoring-plugins-users monitoring-plugins-wave
- Remove unneeded BuildRequires on python-devel.
==== perl-Encode ==== Version update (3.10 -> 3.11)
- updated to 3.11 see /usr/share/doc/packages/perl-Encode/Changes
==== perl-Image-ExifTool ==== Version update (12.25 -> 12.29) Subpackages: exiftool perl-File-RandomAccess
- Update to version 12.29: * Added a few new Nikon and Olympus lenses (thanks LibRaw) * Improved a QuickTime "File format error" message to be more meaningful, and made it a minor error * Changed PNG writer to add EXIF before IDAT * Some changes the way JUMBF metadata is handled * Patched to read timed GPS from a different type of INSV videos * Patched a security issue * Fixed problem where ExifTool could hang when processing mebx timed metadata * Added read support for Leica Image File (LIF) images * Added a new Olympus LensType (thanks LibRaw) * Decode another Panasonic tag (thanks LibRaw) * Decode more timed metadata from Sony MP4 videos * Attempt to shorten tag names for metadata in CZI files * Allow full QuickTime Keys tag ID's in UserDefined tags * Patched to handle special characters in Torrent tag values * Added two new Nikon LensID values (thanks Daniel) * Added a new Pentax RawDevelopmentProcess value * Added a few new Sony LensType values (thanks Jos Roost) * Added warning if IPTCDigest is not current * Decode a couple more Pentax tags (thanks LibRaw) * Decode streaming GPS from Novatek INNOVV MP4 and TS videos * Improved tag names in confi_files/covert_regions.config * Changed MIME types for MS Office macro-enabled formats to add the .12 * Patched Canon LensID logic to properly identify the Canon RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens * Patched decoding of camm6 GPSDateTime to use a flexible epoch because other apps don't seem to use a consistent time zero * Fixed family 7 group names for QuickTime Keys tags * Fixed problem reading BeatsPerMinute from some MP4 files * Fixed hemisphere problem when extracting GPS from 70mai dashcam videos * Added support for JPEG Stereo (JPS) images * Added a new Sony LensType (thanks LibRaw) * Added a new PentaxModelID (thanks LibRaw) * Changed ExifTool namespace URI to use exiftool.org instead of exiftool.ca in the -X option output (exiftool.ca is still recognized when reading XML) * Improved handling of large-array warnings in -htmldump output * Changed handling of escaped characters in #[CSTR] lines of -@ argfile * Patched security vulnerability in argument of -lang option * Fixed problem which could cause a "Wide character" warning and generate a corrupted output file when writing some illegal values
==== rubygem-fog-libvirt ==== Version update (0.8.0 -> 0.9.0)
updated to version 0.9.0 no changelog found
==== squid ==== Version update (4.15 -> 4.16)
- update to 4.16: - Regression Fix: --with-valgrind-debug build broken since 4.15 - Bug 5129 pt1: remove Lock use from HttpRequestMethod - Bug 5128: Translation: Fix '% i' typo in es/ERR_FORWARDING_DENIED - Bug 4528: ICAP transactions quit on async DNS lookups