All meeting minutes can be found here: https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting Meeting is hosted here htt All meeting minutes can be found here: https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ReleaseEngineering-meeting Meeting is hosted here https://meet.opensuse.org/ReleaseEngineeringMeeting
## Participants ddemaio, lkocman, rbrown, maurizio, dleuenberger, gp
Stripped Fraunhofer AAC https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/926104 Accepted https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:License/FDK-ACC (waiting for publish of upstream tarball). Blessed by SUSE's legal department
armv7 tasks are still missing in Release Checklist for Leap 15.4 https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-process/blob/master/Alpha.md
https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/22 No update on Cisco, considering change of our approach
Donation of VMDP drivers https://en.opensuse.org/Donation:Software
15.3 QU1 was published on Oct 29th.
Rough schedule of QUs SLE 15 SP3 QU1 Sep/Oct 2021 SLE 15 SP3 QU2 Dec/Jan 2022 SLE 15 SP3 QU3 March/April 2022
Marcus: for 15.4 Maint team noticed that SLES 15 SP4 we plan to remove python2 https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/15 Still some python2 pieces in Backports:SP4 (to be checked)
Leap 15.4 needs to filter out python2 modules in order to not inherit them in 15.4 GA.
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Accepted_licences requires update
## openSUSE Tumbleweed
* KDE Plasma 5.23.2 published in snapshot 1029 * rpm 4.17 vs ghc haskell fix has been merged: entire stack back building * nodejs16 had a test suite not coping with DST switch - fix is in staging (this blocked a few stagings since Sunday, after the unblock, chromium build was scheduled) X.Org server 21.1 is submitted - Staging QA fails (rendering changes, as DPI calculation was changed a bit) * No active progress on openSSL 3
## Richard (Kubic/TW MicroOS)
MicroOS Desktop will now include semanage and other SELinux management tools for debugging SELinux issues MicroOS (not Desktop) still will not, as they bring far too much python bloat with them. Investigating other delivery methods for users. working on a tool to convert existing Tumbleweed (and maybe also Leap) systems to MicroOS and/or MicroOS Desktop improvements to podmans use of /usr for configuration new MicroOS Desktop website still WIP
Not available * Not much news, 15.3 Respin - test results look okay.
* Update some packages from Factory that fixed builf failures also. * 15.4: some build failures we need to find owners (cilium, enovy, protoc, etc.) * opensuse-welcome didn't display on GNOME bsc#1190288 * Somewhat https://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/Leap/15.3/release.not... is missing, switch to Tumbleweed's release-notes.rpm for the time being in Leap's medium, otherwise the shortcut setup in installer will be changed then broke openQA testing lkocman: I'll check on this with docs team, also for 15.4
## Guillaume - Arm Not available
Tumbleweed: * rpm 4.17 fallout covered by Tumbleweed section above. https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1192060 * Sporadic BTRFS bug is back with kernel 5.14: http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1160604 Lubos: to check on the issue
Leap 15.4: * covered in Leap section above
## Sarah - s390x
* Waiting for a new Tumbleweed release with integrated fix of grub2
* Approved Linux Distribution Working Group together with Fedora at the Open Mainframe Project: - Slack channel and mailing list for all distributions created: https://lists.openmainframeproject.org/g/wg-linux-distros https://join-slack.openmainframeproject.org/ : the new channel is #linux-distros-wg
* openSUSE Tumbleweed tests are failing because a LLVM issue (race condition) in the build of PostgreSQL11 and Rust: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1190740 -> forwarded to LLVM upstream
* Respin article published * metrics.o.o stopped working on Sept. 6 - script needs to be update. Will happen after Nov. 9 * Meeting on 2 new Horizon 2020 projects * Packages shipped to Italy and France * Refine software.o.o. workshop scheduled for Nov. 12 * jitsi update - https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/99804
* heroes meeting states packaging is broken and makes debugging etc. harder b/c debug builds
* Meeting about packagers and maintainers survey today at 20:00 UTC on https://meet.opensuse.org/survey
devconf.cz - openSUSE meetup on end of January in Brno CZ (this would be mostly Red Hat hiring event on university grounds) looking for speakers for openQA, how to make rolling distro and how to build package for multiple distros in OBS
Not available Super available, nothing to report.
Reviving "Do we have a landing page or something for users to check for major known issues before upgrading Tumbleweed?" Example: current Firefox situation Richard: Counter Proposal - Drop Firefox?
Dominique: for dot releases we had a most annoying bugs page - e.g. https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Most_annoying_bugs_Tumbleweed
## Wolfgang (Package Hub), Scott Bahling
Not available python2 removal from openSUSE:Backports-15-SP4 (raised by Marcus M.)
## Maintenance team (Marina or Marcus, Maurizio (m4u))
We will most likely need to ping maintenance team prior making the QU media (QU1 was published last week). Just to make sure that we won't miss a upcoming fix that could affect the install media.
15.2 - no updates were released for past 6-7 days. No Factory reviews needed for Backports SP3, SP4 Any more (Leap and Backports are the same nowadays).
Display status of SLES updates to community ( https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/30). Marina: Next call planned on week 45. No other updates from me.
Firefox update planned to be released in next days. Should fix weird webrtc issues.
## Adrian - openSUSE Step
Not available Doug: is there a changelog? Adrian: there is a chance that we have the changelog
Not available Clean up of Leap 15.4 Alpha tasks in progress.opensuse.org is in progress