Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Packages changed: at-spi2-core (2.20.1 -> 2.20.2) bash expat gdbm (1.11 -> 1.12) gnome-control-center iproute2 (4.5 -> 4.6) libunwind (1.1 -> 1.2~rc1) linux-glibc-devel (4.5 -> 4.6) ncurses net-tools pciutils (3.5.0 -> 3.5.1) permissions (2016.01.15.1451 -> 20160413) python-pyudev (0.17 -> 0.20.0) rpm swig wayland-protocols (1.3 -> 1.4) xf86-input-evdev xorg-x11-server yast2-users (3.1.49 -> 3.1.51)
=== Details ===
==== at-spi2-core ==== Version update (2.20.1 -> 2.20.2) Subpackages: at-spi2-core-devel libatspi0 typelib-1_0-Atspi-2_0
- Update to version 2.20.2: + Fixed an invalid memory access when fetching an accessible.
==== bash ==== Subpackages: bash-doc libreadline6 readline-devel readline-doc
- Add patch bash-4.3-async-bnc971410.dif this is a backport from bash-4.4-rc1 and might help to avoid to run onto a not existing child pointer, bnc#971410.
==== expat ==== Subpackages: libexpat-devel libexpat1 libexpat1-32bit
- add expat-2.1.1-avoid_relying_on_undef_behaviour.patch to avoid relying on undefined behavior in CVE-2015-1283 fix [bnc#980391], [CVE-2015-1283] - add expat-2.1.1-parser_crashes_on_malformed_input.patch to fix Expat XML parser that mishandles certain kinds of malformed input documents [bnc#979441], [CVE-2016-0718] - use spec-cleaner to clean specfile
==== gdbm ==== Version update (1.11 -> 1.12) Subpackages: gdbm-devel libgdbm4 libgdbm4-32bit
- Update to version 1.12 * New configuration variable COMPATINCLUDEDIR - Small spec file cleanups
==== gnome-control-center ==== Subpackages: gnome-control-center-color gnome-control-center-user-faces
- Add gnome-control-center-touchpad-wayland-cap.patch: mouse: Make touchpad capability checking on wayland work as intended (bgo#765879).
==== iproute2 ==== Version update (4.5 -> 4.6)
- Update to new upstream release 4.6 * vxlan: add support to set flow label * tc, bpf: add new csum and tunnel signatures * tc, bpf: further improve error reporting * tc, bpf: add support for map pre/allocation * ip link: Add support for kernel side filtering * tc: introduce IFE action * add devlink tool * iplink: display IFLA_PHYS_PORT_NAME
==== libunwind ==== Version update (1.1 -> 1.2~rc1)
- Version update to 1.2-rc1, should include all our patches: * 0001-Mark-run-ptrace-mapper-and-run-ptrace-misc-as-XFAIL-.patch * 0002-Mark-run-ptrace-mapper-and-run-ptrace-misc-as-XFAIL-.patch * libunwind-1.1-expected-fails.patch * libunwind-CVE-2015-3239.patch * libunwind-aarch64.patch * libunwind-ppc64le.patch * libunwind-1.1-tests.diff
==== linux-glibc-devel ==== Version update (4.5 -> 4.6)
- Update to kernel headers 4.6
==== ncurses ==== Subpackages: libncurses5 libncurses6 libncurses6-32bit ncurses-devel ncurses-utils tack terminfo terminfo-base
- Add ncurses patch 20160514 + regenerate HTML manpages. + improve manual pages for wgetch and wget_wch to point out that they might return values without names in curses.h (Debian #822426). + make linux3.0 entry the default linux entry (Debian #823658) -TD + modify linux2.6 entry to improve line-drawing so that the linux3.0 entry can be used in non-UTF-8 mode -TD + document return value of use_extended_names (report by Mike Gran). - Modify patch ncurses-6.0.dif - Add ncurses patch 20160507 + amend change to _nc_do_color to restore the early return for the special case used in _nc_screen_wrap (report by Dick Streefland, cf: 20151017). + modify test/ncurses.c: + check return-value of putwin + correct ifdef which made the 'g' test's legend not reflect changes to keypad- and scroll-modes. + correct return-value of extended putwin (report by Mike Gran).
==== net-tools ==== Subpackages: net-tools-deprecated
- Add net-tools-1.60-hostname-s.patch: This changes the hostname behavior to match other systems and its own documentation. Namely, that -s just parses the result of the active gethostname() and does not attempt any network/DNS traffic. upstream: https://sourceforge.net/p/net-tools/bugs/14/ commit#452f8e (boo#872264).
==== pciutils ==== Version update (3.5.0 -> 3.5.1) Subpackages: libpci3 pciutils-devel
- Update to version 3.5.1: * Fixed symbol versioning of pci_init().
==== permissions ==== Version update (2016.01.15.1451 -> 20160413)
- Introduce _service to easier update the package. For simplicity, change the version from yyyy.mm.dd to yyyymmdd (which is eactly %cd in the _service defintion). Upgrading is no problem. - chage only needs read rights to /etc/shadow, so setgid shadow is sufficient (bsc#975352) - permissions: adding gstreamer ptp file caps (bsc#960173)
==== python-pyudev ==== Version update (0.17 -> 0.20.0)
- Remove do_not_install_tests.patch - Require python-six - update to 0.20.0: * Remove parsing code added in previous release. * No longer do CI for Python 2.6. * Eliminate all wildcard imports and __all__ statements. * No longer use deprecated Device.from_sys_path() method. * Minor pylint induced changes. * Documentation fixes. * Restore raising KeyError by Attributes.as* methods when attribute not found. * Explicitly require six module. * Never raise a DeviceNotFoundError when iterating over a device enumeration. * Device.subsystem() now returns None if device has no subsystem. * Add DeprecationWarnings to deprecated Device methods. * Replace "/" with "!" in Device.from_name() sys_name parameter. * Add some unstable classes for parsing some kinds of values. * Make version info more like Python's including micro numbers and levels. * Refactor some internal modules into subdirectories. * Work on tests and reproducers. * DeviceNotFoundError is no longer a subtype of LookupError * Added support for pyqt5 monitor observer * Added discover module, which looks up a device on limited information * Attributes class no longer extends Mapping, extends object instead * Attributes class no longer inherits  operator, Mapping methods * Attributes class objects are no longer iterable * Attributes.available_attributes property added * Attributes.get() method, with usual semantics, defined * Device.from_* methods are deprecated, uses Devices.from_* methods instead * Device.from_device_file() now raises DeviceNotFoundByFileError * Device.from_device_number() now raises DeviceNotFoundByNumberError * Devices.from_interface_index() method added * Devices.from_kernel_device() method added * Numerous testing infrastructure changes - Remove do_not_install_tests.patch . No longer needed. - Require libudev1 . Needed to use python-pyudev
==== rpm ==== Subpackages: rpm-32bit rpm-build rpm-devel
- Add rpm-findlang-inject-metainfo.patch: allow packagers to inject a metainfo.xml file for the -lang package, which can then serve AppStream based Software Centers to show -lang packages as extensions to applications (boo#980583).
==== swig ====
- Add disabled build conditional for ocaml support (fate#320836) - Add swig-ocaml-int64.patch (ocaml PR#6517, fate#320836)
==== wayland-protocols ==== Version update (1.3 -> 1.4)
- Update to version 1.4: * This release include one new stable protocol extension: viewporter. * The viewporter porter has previously been known as "wl_scaler" and enables a client to crop and scale a surface server side. Clients and compositors previously implementing support for wl_scaler should adapt accordingly. See the corresponding XML file for details. * Other changes included in this release are various grammatical corrections to the presentation-time, tablet, relative-pointer, pointer-constraints, linux-dmabuf, input-method and fullscreen-shell protocols. * It's now also possible to use autotools build files to install on platforms where the host CPU is not recognized.
==== xf86-input-evdev ====
- u_01-Add-a-kiosk-mode-for-touch-screens.patch u_02-Add-delay-between-button-press-and-release-to-kiosk-mode.patch (FATE#320263).
==== xorg-x11-server ==== Subpackages: xorg-x11-server-extra xorg-x11-server-sdk
- U_modesetting-set-driverPrivate-to-NULL-after-closing-fd.patch: modesetting: Avoid crash in FreeRec() by NULLing a pointer which may still be used (boo#981268).
==== yast2-users ==== Version update (3.1.49 -> 3.1.51)
- Fix a string concatenation in Users.pm relative introduced in bsc#980878. - 3.1.51 - Fix detection of mounted /home partition during installation (bsc#980878) - 3.1.50