Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: MozillaFirefox (109.0 -> 109.0.1) NetworkManager (1.40.10 -> 1.40.12) exiv2 fontconfig (2.14.1 -> 2.14.2) gnome-maps (43.3 -> 43.4) gstreamer (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) gstreamer-plugins-bad (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) gstreamer-plugins-base (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) gstreamer-plugins-good (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) gstreamer-plugins-libav (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) gstreamer-plugins-ugly (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) libhandy (1.8.0 -> 1.8.1) libheif liblouis (3.23.0 -> 3.24.0) libnice (0.1.19 -> 0.1.21) libpng16 libsrtp2 (2.4.2 -> 2.5.0) mpfr (4.1.1 -> 4.2.0) ncurses (6.4.20230114 -> 6.4.20230121) nodejs19 openssl-3 openssl (1.1.1s -> 3.0.7) pkgconf python-argcomplete python-cached-property python-future python-pyzmq vim (9.0.1234 -> 9.0.1270) zenity (3.43.0 -> 3.44.0)
=== Details ===
==== MozillaFirefox ==== Version update (109.0 -> 109.0.1) Subpackages: MozillaFirefox-translations-common
- Mozilla Firefox 109.0.1 * Fixed jank when loading pages containing a large number of emoji characters (bmo#1809081) * Fixed an issue causing authentication prompts to not appear when loading pages in some enterprise environments (bmo#1809151) * ixed inconsistent sizing of event listener checkboxes inside the Inspector developer tool (bmo#1811760)
==== NetworkManager ==== Version update (1.40.10 -> 1.40.12) Subpackages: NetworkManager-bluetooth NetworkManager-lang NetworkManager-pppoe NetworkManager-tui NetworkManager-wwan libnm0 typelib-1_0-NM-1_0
- Update to version 1.40.12: + Make sure "external-ids" stays up to date in Open vSwitch database on a connection reapply. + Retry if a netlink sockets runs out of buffer space before we're able to read results of a link change. + Fix a possible race involving concurrent invocation of iptables in IPv4 shared mode. + Other various fixes.
==== exiv2 ====
- add always-use-signed-char-for-conversion.patch for test suite fixes on non-x86_64
==== fontconfig ==== Version update (2.14.1 -> 2.14.2) Subpackages: fontconfig-devel fontconfig-lang libfontconfig1 libfontconfig1-32bit
- update to 2.14.2: * Adjust indentation between programlisting in fontconfig-user.sgml * Add some missing constant names for weight * Report more detailed logs instead of assertion * Fix a typo in description for HAVE_STDATOMIC_PRIMITIVES * Ignore LC_CTYPE if set to "UTF-8" * add --with-default-sub-pixel-rendering option * Add FC_DESKTOP_NAME property
==== gnome-maps ==== Version update (43.3 -> 43.4) Subpackages: gnome-maps-lang
- Update to version 43.4: + Prevent the scale to cover the sidebar when the window is narrow.
==== gstreamer ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: gstreamer-lang gstreamer-utils libgstreamer-1_0-0 typelib-1_0-Gst-1_0
- Add patch to reduce the required meson version to 0.61.0 since that's what we have in SLE 15: * reduce-required-meson.patch - Probably because of a problem in SLE's meson, the generated pkgconfig files are missing some variables that are needed by rpm to generate the pkgconfig(...) provides correctly. In order to fix this, we now check for those variables and insert them in the pc files before installation if they're missing. - Update to version 1.22.0: + AV1 video codec support improvements + New HLS, DASH and Microsoft Smooth Streaming adaptive streaming clients + Qt6 support for rendering video inside a QML scene + Minimal builds optimised for binary size, including only the individual elements needed + Playbin3, Decodebin3, UriDecodebin3, Parsebin enhancements and stabilisation + WebRTC simulcast support and support for Google Congestion Control + WebRTC-based media server ingestion/egress (WHIP/WHEP) support + New easy to use batteries-included WebRTC sender plugin + Easy RTP sender timestamp reconstruction for RTP and RTSP + ONVIF timed metadata support + New fragmented MP4 muxer and non-fragmented MP4 muxer + New plugins for Amazon AWS storage and audio transcription services + New gtk4paintablesink and gtkwaylandsink renderers + New videocolorscale element that can convert and scale in one go for better performance + High bit-depth video improvements + Touchscreen event support in navigation API + Rust plugins now shipped in macOS and Windows/MSVC binary packages + H.264/H.265 timestamp correction elements for PTS/DTS reconstruction before muxers + Improved design for DMA buffer sharing and modifier handling for hardware-accelerated video decoders/encoders/filters and capturing/rendering on Linux + Video4Linux2 hardware accelerated decoder improvements + CUDA integration and Direct3D11 integration and plugin improvements + New H.264 / AVC, H.265 / HEVC and AV1 hardware-accelerated video encoders for AMD GPUs using the Advanced Media Framework (AMF) SDK + applemedia: H.265 / HEVC video encoding + decoding support + androidmedia: H.265 / HEVC video encoding support + New "force-live" property for audiomixer, compositor, glvideomixer, d3d11compositor etc. + Lots of new plugins, features, performance improvements and bug fixes - Rebase patches with quilt.
==== gstreamer-plugins-bad ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-bad-lang libgstadaptivedemux-1_0-0 libgstbadaudio-1_0-0 libgstbasecamerabinsrc-1_0-0 libgstcodecparsers-1_0-0 libgstcodecs-1_0-0 libgstisoff-1_0-0 libgstmpegts-1_0-0 libgstphotography-1_0-0 libgstplay-1_0-0 libgstplayer-1_0-0 libgstsctp-1_0-0 libgsturidownloader-1_0-0 libgstva-1_0-0 libgstvulkan-1_0-0 libgstwayland-1_0-0 libgstwebrtc-1_0-0
- Temporarily disable zxing, waiting for updated version to land in Factory. - Add patch to reduce the required meson version to 0.61.0 since that's what we have in SLE 15: * reduce-required-meson.patch - Probably because of a problem in SLE's meson, the generated pkgconfig files are missing some variables that are needed by rpm to generate the pkgconfig(...) provides correctly. In order to fix this, we now check for those variables and insert them in the pc files before installation if they're missing. - Only build the microdns plugin in TW since SLE is missing the required dependencies. - Add new shared libs libgstcuda-1_0-0 and libgstwebrtcnice-1_0-0 to baselibs.conf. - Update to version 1.22.0: + Please see changes in gstreamer main package, major version bump. - Pass amfcodec=disabled and directshow=disabled to meson, not supported on linux (yet?). - Build qsv plugin only for supported targets via passing conditional qsv=disabled/enabled to meson. - Add pkgconfig(gtk+-3.0) BuildRequires: New dependency. - Package new sub-packages + libgstcuda-1_0-0 + libgstwebrtcnice-1_0-0 + typelib-1_0-CudaGst-1_0 + typelib-1_0-GstCuda-1_0 + typelib-1_0-GstVa-1_0
==== gstreamer-plugins-base ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-base-lang libgstallocators-1_0-0 libgstapp-1_0-0 libgstaudio-1_0-0 libgstfft-1_0-0 libgstgl-1_0-0 libgstpbutils-1_0-0 libgstriff-1_0-0 libgstrtp-1_0-0 libgstrtsp-1_0-0 libgstsdp-1_0-0 libgsttag-1_0-0 libgstvideo-1_0-0 typelib-1_0-GstAudio-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstPbutils-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstTag-1_0 typelib-1_0-GstVideo-1_0
- Add patch to reduce the required meson version to 0.61.0 since that's what we have in SLE 15: * reduce-required-meson.patch - Probably because of a problem in SLE's meson, the generated pkgconfig files are missing some variables that are needed by rpm to generate the pkgconfig(...) provides correctly. In order to fix this, we now check for those variables and insert them in the pc files before installation if they're missing. - Update to version 1.22.0: + Please see changes in gstreamer main package, major version bump. - Rebase patches with quilt. - Add pkgconfig(xi) BuildRequires: New dependency.
==== gstreamer-plugins-good ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-good-extra gstreamer-plugins-good-gtk gstreamer-plugins-good-jack gstreamer-plugins-good-lang gstreamer-plugins-good-qtqml
- Add patch to reduce the required meson version to 0.61.0 since that's what we have in SLE 15: * reduce-required-meson.patch - Update to version 1.22.0: + Please see changes in gstreamer main package, major version bump. - Add disabled pkgconfig(Qt6Core), pkgconfig(Qt6Gui), pkgconfig(Qt6Qml), pkgconfig(Qt6Quick) and pkgconfig(Qt6WaylandClient) BuildRequires and pass Dqt6=disabled to meson, do not build qt6 support yet.
==== gstreamer-plugins-libav ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0)
- Update to version 1.22.0: + Please see changes in gstreamer main package, major version bump.
==== gstreamer-plugins-ugly ==== Version update (1.20.5 -> 1.22.0) Subpackages: gstreamer-plugins-ugly-lang
- Add patch to reduce the required meson version to 0.61.0 since that's what we have in SLE 15: * reduce-required-meson.patch - Update to version 1.22.0: + Please see changes in gstreamer main package, major version bump.
==== libhandy ==== Version update (1.8.0 -> 1.8.1) Subpackages: libhandy-1-0 libhandy-lang typelib-1_0-Handy-1_0
- Update to version 1.8.1: + Fix double click handling for HdyWindowHandle and HdyHeaderBar. + Updated translations.
==== libheif ==== Subpackages: gdk-pixbuf-loader-libheif libheif1
- add 2ca02a128b2f76f7f293aa86a2ce1e04a8306c65.patch b6812284a2d70f29a5121ec3dbe652da07fdbbb7.patch: (bsc#1206945) * replace internal API with public API and fix typo (Fixes #745)
==== liblouis ==== Version update (3.23.0 -> 3.24.0) Subpackages: liblouis-data liblouis20 python3-louis
- Update to version 3.24.0: + This release contains major updates to Hungarian, UEB, and Chinese bopomofo braille. Danish has been completely reworked and there is now support for the Danish braille standard 2022. There are also some new tables so that liblouis can now generate Georgian computer braille, Swahili (Kenya) and Chichewa (Malawi). Aside from that there is the usual assortment of code cleanups and bug fixes. + For a detailed list of all the changes refer to https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/milestone/34?closed=1 + Braille table improvements: - New grade 1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and 2 tables for Swahili (Kenya) and grade 1 table for Chichewa (Malawi). - Improvements to Hungarian. - Update braille patterns of some Chinese characters and phrases in the Chinese bopomofo braille table - Add experimental Georgian computer braille table - Updated the Danish tables to the new 2022 Danish braille standard - Limited contraction level (grade 2l or 1.5) is no longer part of the Danish braille standard 2022. - There is no longer any need for "literary" tables. In Danish braille, capital letters are now always indicated, and steps have been taken in the standard to ensure better back-translation. - As requested by The Danish Braille Committee, the tables for the 1993 standard will be kept as an option for at least a year. All the 1993 tables have been renamed to include "_1993" in the filename, so the new tables will be used as default. - Improvements to UEB. - Add new sign for German sharp S (ICEB July 2022) - Fix a couple of acronyms which require grade 1 indicator (LLB, LLP) - Fix placement of numeral sign in letters comma digits - Review rules for "under" and "there" contractions
==== libnice ==== Version update (0.1.19 -> 0.1.21) Subpackages: gstreamer-libnice libnice10
- Update to version 0.1.21: * Only use `ifr_ifindex` if OS supports it, fixes build on iOS and FreeBSD. - Changes from version 0.1.20: * Remove support for GStreamer 0.10 builds. * Add macro to check LIBNICE version. * Added utility function to get the STUN server from a candidate. * Support additional header in built-in HTTP proxy client. * Add boxed type for NiceAddress for bindings. * Add API to get the interface index for a local address. * Explicitly bind to a specific interface when creating UDP sockets. * Limit the number of stored incoming checks based on a property. * Do asynchronous DNS resolution for STUN and TURN servers. * Add introspection friendly API to get an allocated string from a NiceCandidate. * Enable gst-full to link in a single element.
==== libpng16 ==== Subpackages: libpng16-16 libpng16-16-32bit
- Fix build: some*.la files are symlinks. Adjust spec to use find -type f,l - switch to pkgconfig(zlib) to allow alternative providers as well - build with glibc hwcaps optimized libs
==== libsrtp2 ==== Version update (2.4.2 -> 2.5.0)
- Update to release 2.5.0 * No changelog provided; some unspecified crypto updates occurred.
==== mpfr ==== Version update (4.1.1 -> 4.2.0)
- tests-tsprintf.patch: Avoid testsuite failure with glibc >= 2.37 - Update to mpfr 4.2.0 * New functions mpfr_cosu, mpfr_sinu, mpfr_tanu, mpfr_acosu, mpfr_asinu, mpfr_atanu and mpfr_atan2u. * New functions mpfr_cospi, mpfr_sinpi, mpfr_tanpi, mpfr_acospi, mpfr_asinpi, mpfr_atanpi and mpfr_atan2pi. * New functions mpfr_log2p1, mpfr_log10p1, mpfr_exp2m1, mpfr_exp10m1 and mpfr_compound_si. * New functions mpfr_fmod_ui, mpfr_powr, mpfr_pown, mpfr_pow_uj, mpfr_pow_sj and mpfr_rootn_si (mpfr_pown is actually a macro defined as an alias for mpfr_pow_sj). * Bug fixes. In particular, for the formatted output functions (mpfr_printf, etc.), the case where the precision consists only of a period has been fixed to be like ".0" as specified in the ISO C standard, and the manual has been corrected and clarified. The macros of the custom interface have also been fixed: they now behave like functions (except a minor limitation for mpfr_custom_init_set). - Remove mpfr-4.1.1-patch01.patch which is included in the new release.
==== ncurses ==== Version update (6.4.20230114 -> 6.4.20230121) Subpackages: libncurses6 ncurses-utils terminfo terminfo-base terminfo-iterm terminfo-screen
- Add ncurses patch 20230121 + correct limit-check when dumping tc/use clause via tic -I (report by Gabriel Ravier). + correct a check for manpage-alias in edit_man.sh, to work with out of tree builds (report by Sven Joachim). - Port ncurses-6.4.dif to patch 20230121
==== nodejs19 ==== Subpackages: npm19
- Do not use pkg_vcmp to decide BuildDependencies: this works based on 'installed packages' which is not interpreted correctly by the scheduler. Rather switch to boolean dependencies.
==== openssl-3 ====
- Relax the crypto-policies requirements for the regression tests - Set OpenSSL 3.0.7 as the default openssl [bsc#1205042] * Rename openssl-1.1.0-no-html.patch to openssl-no-html-docs.patch * Rebase openssl-Add-support-for-PROFILE-SYSTEM-system-default-cipher.patch * Package a copy of the original default config file called openssl.cnf and name it as openssl-orig.cnf and warn the user if the files differ. * Add openssl-3-devel as conflicting with libopenssl-1_1-devel * Remove patches: - fix-config-in-tests.patch - openssl-use-versioned-config.patch - Create the openssl ca-certificates directory in case the ca-certificates package is not installed. This directory is required by the nodejs regression tests. [bsc#1207484]
==== openssl ==== Version update (1.1.1s -> 3.0.7)
==== pkgconf ==== Subpackages: libpkgconf3 pkgconf-m4 pkgconf-pkg-config
- Add pkgconf-CVE-2023-24056.patch: Backport commit 628b2b2baf from upstream, test for, and stop string processing, on truncation (bsc#1207394 CVE-2023-24056).
==== python-argcomplete ====
- fix substitution on tests/test.py to test the current python flavor
==== python-cached-property ====
- add python311.patch to fix tests with 3.11
==== python-future ====
- pull in dbm for all flavors on SLE15 SP4+ as well
==== python-pyzmq ====
- skip numy tests for the testsuite on SLE15
==== vim ==== Version update (9.0.1234 -> 9.0.1270) Subpackages: gvim vim-data vim-data-common
- Updated to version 9.0.1270, fixes the following problems * The code style has to be checked manually. * MS-Windows console: not flushing termguicolors. * Code in same_leader() can be simplified. * Code is indented more than necessary. * :runtime completion can be further improved. * Cannot have a line break before an object member access. * Cannot access a private object member in a lambda defined inside the class. * Coverity warns for not checking function return value. * Code for :runtime completion is not consistent. * :setglobal cannot use script-local function for "expr" option. * Cursor briefly displayed in a wrong position when pressing Esc in Insert mode after autoindent was used. * Code is indented more than necessary. * Code is indented more than necessary. * Divide by zero with 'smoothscroll' set and a narrow window. * Cannot export an interface. (Ernie Rael) * Cannot export an abstract class. (Ernie Rael) * Cannot use an object method with :defer. (Ernie Rael) * Checking returned value of ga_grow() is inconsistent. * MS-Windows: scrollback cropped off on Vim exit. * Calling a method on an interface does not work. * Changing 'virtualedit' does not have immediate effect. * NetworkManager connection files are not recognized. * Code style is not check in test scripts. * Code style test fails. * Diffmode test fails. * Coverity warns for possible NULL pointer usage. * Elsa files are not recognized. * The did_set_string_option function is too long. * KDL files are not recognized. * Motif: compiler warning for unused argument. * Using an interface method may give a compilation error. * Error for space before ": type" is inconsistent. * The did_set_string_option function is too long. * .clangd and .stylelintrc files don't get a filetype.
==== zenity ==== Version update (3.43.0 -> 3.44.0) Subpackages: zenity-lang
- Update to version 3.44.0: + scale: set a page increment so mouse wheel can be used on widget. + build: - Use GNOME module post_install(). - Replace deprecated functions. + docs: Fix incorrect markup. + Updated translations.