Please note that this mail was generated by a script. The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD. The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.
Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&groupid=1&...
Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on bugzilla.opensuse.org. For more information on filing bugs please see https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed: biosdevname (0.7.3 -> 0.7.3.7.g495ab76) bluez (5.59 -> 5.60) fetchmail kernel-source (5.13.0 -> 5.13.1) libdrm (2.4.106 -> 2.4.107) libmusicbrainz libopenmpt (0.5.7 -> 0.5.10) libqt5-qtsensors llvm12 (12.0.0 -> 12.0.1) mpg123 (1.28.0 -> 1.28.2) pidgin (2.14.5 -> 2.14.6) rubygem-addressable (2.7.0 -> 2.8.0) rubygem-rubyzip (2.3.0 -> 2.3.2) suse-module-tools (16.0.5 -> 16.0.6) yast2-firstboot (4.4.2 -> 4.4.3)
=== Details ===
==== biosdevname ==== Version update (0.7.3 -> 0.7.3.7.g495ab76)
- Enhance _service file - Update to version 0.7.3: * Add SMBIOS 3.x support * Read DMI entries from /sys/firmware/dmi/tables/DMI * Add buffer read helper using read explicitly * man: fix all_ethN indentation * Netronome biosdevname support (#8) * Prevent infinite recursion in dmidecode.c::smbios_setslot by (#7) * Add support for ExaNIC network cards (#5) This are now all mainline and got reverted: D biosdevname-Add-buffer-read-helper-using-read-explicitly.patch D biosdevname-Add-SMBIOS-3.x-support.patch D biosdevname-Read-DMI-entries-from-sys-firmware-dmi-tables-DMI.patch D dmidecode-prevent-infinite-recursion.patch
==== bluez ==== Version update (5.59 -> 5.60) Subpackages: libbluetooth3
- update to 5.60: * Fix issue with reading from RFKILL device node. * Fix issue with AVDTP and parsing capabilities. * Fix issue with UnregisterApplication handling. * Fix issue with RegisterProfile if UUID already exists. * Fix issue with GATT client attribute read with offset. * Fix issue with non-discoverable device and advertising monitor. - remove bluez-5.59-0388794dc5fdb73a4ea.diff (included upstream)
==== fetchmail ==== Subpackages: fetchmailconf
- Stop using a non-existing fetchmail group
==== kernel-source ==== Version update (5.13.0 -> 5.13.1) Subpackages: kernel-default kernel-docs
- Revert "UsrMerge the kernel (boo#1184804)" This reverts commit 6f5ed044f52ae3de78db9492d404f9c88d29b938 as it: 1) breaks installation in Leap/SLE -- no initrd is generated. 2) breaks installation-images -- expecting kernel in /boot and modules in /lib. - commit b6ab3de - config: riscv64: enable DRM_I2C_NXP_TDA998X This also selects SND_SOC_HDMI_CODEC, SND_PCM_ELD, SND_PCM_IEC958. - commit d56d022 - config: riscv64: enable MFD_TPS65086 Also enable the related drivers GPIO_TPS65086 and REGULATOR_TPS65086. - commit ce26f32 - rpm/kernel-binary.spec.in: Remove zdebug define used only once. - commit 85a9fc2 - Update config files (boo#1187824). CRYPTO_FIPS=y CRYPTO_MANAGER_DISABLE_TESTS=n - commit c81d16b - kernel-binary.spec: Exctract s390 decompression code (jsc#SLE-17042). - commit 7f97df2 - kernel-binary.spec: Fix up usrmerge for non-modular kernels. - commit d718cd9 - Linux 5.13.1 (bsc#1012628). - Revert "KVM: x86/mmu: Drop kvm_mmu_extended_role.cr4_la57 hack" (bsc#1012628). - commit bfd7864 - config: riscv64: enable MFD_DA9063 Also enable the related drivers DA9063_WATCHDOG, REGULATOR_DA9063, RTC_DRV_DA9063. - commit 40fb687 - update upstream references - update upstream references of patches added in 5.14 merge window: - patches.suse/pinctrl-bcm2835-accept-fewer-than-expected-irqs.patch - patches.suse/proc-Avoid-mixing-integer-types-in-mem_rw.patch - commit 9510801
==== libdrm ==== Version update (2.4.106 -> 2.4.107) Subpackages: libdrm-devel libdrm2 libdrm_amdgpu1 libdrm_intel1 libdrm_nouveau2 libdrm_radeon1
- Update to version 2.4.107: * amdgpu: update marketing names * tests/amdgpu: Fix valgrind warning * test/amdgpu: Add helper functions for hot unplug * test/amdgpu/hotunplug: Add test suite for GPU unplug * tests/amdgpu/hotunplug: Add unplug with cs test. * tests/amdgpu/hotunplug: Add hotunplug with exported bo test * tests/amdgpu/hotunplug: Add hotunplug with exported fence * amdgpu: Add vamgr for capture/replay. * include <sys/types.h> in xf86drmMode when the OS is FreeBSD * _WANT_KERNEL_ERRNO must be defined in FreeBSD for ERESTART to be used * Conditionally include <linux/limits.h> and <sys/params.h> on Linux, BSD * Revert "tests/amdgpu: fix bo eviction test issue" * xf86drm: Add a human readable representation for format modifiers * xf86drm: Add a vendor function to decode the format modifier * xf86drm: Add support for decoding Nvidia format modifiers * xf86drm: Add support for decoding AMD format modifiers * xf86drm: Add support for decoding AMLOGIC format modifiers * README.rst: Include some notes about syncing uapi headers * amdgpu: Added product name for E9390,E9560 and E9565 dgpu * intel: Add support for ADLP
==== libmusicbrainz ====
- Copied libmusicbrainz5 package and fixed spec file to fix factory build failure. Deleted obsolete libmusicbrainz-2.1.5-gcc43.patch and gcc6-fix-errors.patch
==== libopenmpt ==== Version update (0.5.7 -> 0.5.10)
- Update to 0.5.10: * S3M: Honor the Stereo flag not being set. This improves the sound of some tunes like Turbulence by Purple Motion. * S3M: Detect MPT 1.0 alpha versions which didn?t set the Stereo flag. In this case, the unset Stereo flag is also ignored because MPT 1.0 alpha used the default S3M channel panning anyway. * S3M: Only for OPL instruments the high sample rate bits should be ignored; for PCM instruments they are clamped to 65535 Hz. * MOD: Do not apply ProTracker loop length quirk to MODs that could have been made with Scream Tracker (fixes Soul-O-Matic by Purple Motion). * AMF (DSMI): Format revisions 1 and 9, as well as early (technically malformed) revision 10 files, are now supported. Surround panning commands and instrument number without note are now converted correctly. * AMF (DSMI): Patterns and samples were not read correctly in some files (e.g. AVOID.AMF). * GDM: Correctly import extra-fine portamentos. - Update to 0.5.9: * The retrigger effect didn?t work correctly for OPL instruments in some cases depending on the chosen output sample rate. * S3M: Emulate IT short sample retrigger quirk in S3M files saved with Impulse Tracker and Schism Tracker. * ProTracker 3.6 doesn?t support sample swapping. It is now disabled when loading a ProTracker 3.6 IFF module. * Some files with ?hidden? garbage patterns were not played correctly since libopenmpt 0.5.3. * MOD: E9x retrigger now works the same way as in ProTracker 2. * MDL: Improve auto-vibrato accuracy. * 669: Reject files that contain any pattern tempo higher than 15. * Reduce memory consumption of malformed XPK-compressed files. - Update to 0.5.8: * [Sec] Possible null-pointer dereference read caused by a sequence of openmpt::module::read, openmpt::module::set_position_order_row pointing to an invalid pattern, and another openmpt::module::read call. To trigger the crash, pattern 0 must not exist in the file and the tick speed before the position jump must be lower than the initial speed of the module. * [Bug] libopenmpt 0.5.7 broke seeking in some subsongs. * The built-in LFO plugin did not load the correct initial LFO frequency. * IT command S7x (instrument control) is now supported when seeking with sample sync enabled. * libopenmpt_ext play_note was cutting of channels even when there were plenty of free channels to use.
==== libqt5-qtsensors ==== Subpackages: libQt5Sensors5 libQt5Sensors5-imports
- Make sure iio-sensor-proxy is available (boo#1188098)
==== llvm12 ==== Version update (12.0.0 -> 12.0.1) Subpackages: clang-tools clang12 clang12-doc libLLVM12 libLTO12 libc++-devel libc++1 libc++abi-devel libc++abi1 libclang12
- Update to version 12.0.1. * This release contains bug-fixes for the LLVM 12.0.0 release. This release is API and ABI compatible with 12.0.0. - Rebase llvm-do-not-install-static-libraries.patch. - Drop obsolete patches: * clangd-cmake-non-standard-layout.patch * compiler-rt-Remove-cyclades-inclusion-in-sanitizer.patch * lld-no-version-on-undefined-weak-lazy-symbols.patch
==== mpg123 ==== Version update (1.28.0 -> 1.28.2) Subpackages: libmpg123-0 mpg123-openal
- Update to version 1.28.2 libout123: * Complete the fix for bug 314, reopening the device after format setup failure. - Update to version 1.28.1 build: * Explain --with-default-audio in configure help better. * Fix build of arm_fpu (regression of configure reorg). * Re-introduce AC_PROG_C_C99 macro for autoconf 2.69, it's only obsolete after that. * Un-break CMake build for botched move of CheckCPUArch.c.in. libmpg123: * Make mpg123.h.in usable again with MPG123_NO_CONFIGURE, for external uses. * Use predefined MPG123_API_VERSION in mpg123.h.in for the same. * Fix an integer constant definition for the most negative 32 bit number to avoid justified compiler complaints. libsyn123: * More support for MPG123_NO_CONFIGURE. * Optionally use predefined SYN123_API_VERSION in syn123.h.in for the same. * Add a cast to silence integer sign warning for offset in muloffdiv64(). libout123: * Pulse module advertises wider format support now, not just s16. This makes mpg123 -e s24 work with it, not just out123. * Optionally use predefined OUT123_API_VERSION in out123.h.in for non-configure use.
==== pidgin ==== Version update (2.14.5 -> 2.14.6) Subpackages: libpurple libpurple-lang libpurple-plugin-sametime libpurple-tcl
- Update to 2.14.6: General: * Update references to point to our current websites. * Add a donate link to the help menu. Finch: * Check pkg-config for ncurses before looking for it manually. Pidgin: * Replace newlines in topics with spaces. libpurple: * Added support for the no_proxy environment variable. * Added infrastructure for fuzzing as well as some initial fuzzers. * Fix an out of bounds write in purple_markup_linkify. XMPP: * Enable session management after binding a resource. Zephyr: * Fix a clang logical-not-parentheses warning. - Drop pidgin-add-no_proxy-support.patch
==== rubygem-addressable ==== Version update (2.7.0 -> 2.8.0)
- updated to version 2.8.0 * fixes ReDoS vulnerability in Addressable::Template#match * no longer replaces `+` with spaces in queries for non-http(s) schemes * fixed encoding ipv6 literals * the `:compacted` flag for `normalized_query` now dedupes parameters * fix broken `escape_component` alias * dropping support for Ruby 2.0 and 2.1 * adding Ruby 3.0 compatibility for development tasks * drop support for `rack-mount` and remove Addressable::Template#generate * performance improvements * switch CI/CD to GitHub Actions
==== rubygem-rubyzip ==== Version update (2.3.0 -> 2.3.2)
- updated to version 2.3.2 * A "dummy" release to warn about breaking changes coming in version 3.0. This updated version uses the Gem `post_install_message` instead of printing to `STDERR`.
==== suse-module-tools ==== Version update (16.0.5 -> 16.0.6)
- Update to version 16.0.6: * modprobe.d: Remove dma=none setting for parport_pc (bsc#1177695)
==== yast2-firstboot ==== Version update (4.4.2 -> 4.4.3)
- Remember plain passwords in order to provide a clean navigation through the firstboot dialogs when going back and forward. - Skip client for root password when needed (bsc#1188068). - 4.4.3