On Montag, 6. Juni 2016, 23:30:26 CEST wrote Matwey V. Kornilov:
I've just read the docs:
And now I have couple questions of SCM integration:
1) What is obsinfo file, where it is described and how can I interact
The obsinfo file is created by obs_scm and is just supposed to transfer
additional informations from the git tree. It is more an implementation
detail of the source services and not really intended for human interaction.
2) Do I understand correctly that
requires external triggering?
I.e. it is not monitoring remote scm by itself.
right, there is not polling job.
However, there are interface to let git hosts trigger your
source update. Here is an example how to integrate it with github:
06.06.2016 18:29, Adrian Schröter пишет:
We just have released our new stable code line
Please find the full announcement on our blog:
Updaters need to adapt their repository channels and should
read the README.UPDATERS file which comes with this version.
The Full Release Notes
Please read the README.md file for initial installation
instructions or use the OBS Appliance from
If you already have a running OBS installation and want to update it, please
read also the README.UPDATERS file about the necessary steps. Please note that
you need to have at least OBS 2.5 to be able to update to OBS 2.7 release.
Migrations from older OBS versions will fail.
OBS Appliance users who have setup their LVM according to our documentation can
just replace their appliance image without data loss. The migration will happen
OBS 2.7 will be the last release supporting SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 as
operating system for the server installation.
Changes On Purpose
* Repository meta data and packages are now signed with sha256 instead of sha1 if RSA is
* Force login for all API calls (Exception are /public, /trigger and /about routes).
* The experimental Download On Demand configurations are not supported anymore.
A new, fully supported implementation is in place (see below).
* Adding git repositories is using the new "obs_scm" service now.
* Users are allowed to add themself in their home project, even when they got removed.
Admins can set the user state to "locked" when they do want to block them.
* request "addrevision" option is using unexpanded revision when
"updatelink" option is used
* package search for bug issues in attributes is done via own attribute_issue xpath
the search api used to match source and attribute issues via same xpath attribute
* Incremental storage of sources from upstream SCM systems
* cpio archives are stored incremental and offered the to the build job
* Download on demand repositories
* support changing source repos now
* can be configured by the administrator via api or webui
* add support for peer fingerprint verification (using gpg or SSL)
* Source services can be used during build time
* they get executed before the packaging tool (eg. rpm-build) gets started
and can be used for creating needed archives.
* New hardware architectures are supported: k1om, aarch64_ilp32
* Many improvements in the maintenance support features
* Allow non-obs urls in kiwi build descriptions, map to obs urls if possible
* Support embargo of projects (#316776)
* Instantiate package api call for projects building service packs
* Support tracking of github issues
* Groups can have an email adress for notifications and contact
* New option to avoid usage of defined repositories when branching a package
via the OBS:BranchSkipRepositories attribute
* allow to set or modify the accept_at time in a request
can be used also to pre-approve requests with open reviews
* The frontend will warn you about inconsitencies between the api database
and the backend via email
* Fix to work when hosted in a subdirectory of the server directory.
This change allows OBS API and WebUI to be installed on a web server
in a place other than document root, so its URL prefix has a non-empty
pathname (like https://example.com/obs
instead of https://obs.example.com
* make the new repository handling the default now.
* give the admin a chance to prefer publish events with --prefer-publish-event
* Basic support for simpleimage
Adding support for squashfs and tar.gz binaries and for simpleimage
build type (request for build update to support it sent separately)
* support buildtime source services
* skip them on service server
* add dependencies to build env
* Improved scheduler speed
* collax package format support
* Support virt-builder repository meta data
* New waitservice and mergeservice commands to handle _service files
* --vm-enable-console to allow user input for debugging
* Support to use docker as virtualization engine
* Support to add remote repositories
* use new obs_scm service for git source URLs
* Make it possible enforce removal of projects which others depend on
* kiwi import feature
Supports import of standarized kiwi archives (kiwi.txz suffix)
* Show all open requests of a project in the UI
* Support unlock of projects
* All request tab at user's home with search an order. FIXES: #928
* Restrict supersede requests to same source project
* Allow picking requests to supersede on submit requests
* Break project names in watchlist
Currently long project names are shortened in the watchlist. This makes
it quite hard to identify projects in that list.
This commit will instead add html zery width spaces after every colon
which allows HTML to break them if necessary.
* Don't truncate project or packages names on search results.
* Send `Content-Disposition: inline` for text files
Without this fix, text files such as _log are served with
`Content-Disposition: attachment`, which makes Firefox prompt the user to
download the file rather than simply showing the text within the browser.
Notes for systems using systemd:
OBS is using init scripts, not systemd style .service files. This will stay until
we switch from SLES 11 to SLES 12 as default production platform.
openSUSE installations may use systemd (instead of sysvinit) and it should work
in general. Not working are usages like
# rcobssrcserver status
You will only get the systemd status here and not the service status.
Also stopping services may not terminate all processes, which leads to abstract errors
when trying to restart them.
To avoid these problems you need to switch directory to by-pass systemd:
# cd /etc/init.d
# ./obssrcserver status|stop|start
Other small changes
* experimental deep_check_dependent_projects_on_macro_change option
* experimental view=order mode for _builddepinfo
* bs_serverstatus now works on ajax socket
* allow to get buildinfo for remote projects
* improved scheduling of inter-project dependent repositories
* use sign time from old signature when re-signing
* support view=versrel in _result query
* experimental expandflags:preinstallexpand support
* support "repotag" extension to set repository tags
* support "singleexport" option to use/publish only the best version
* support "simpleimage" build type
* support switching the build type from kiwi to spec in followup builds
* support triggerservicerun on _product
* add --rebuild-full-tree option to bs_admin
* implement view=cpioheaders for packages
* allow an array ref for $BSConfig::notification_plugin
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+owner(a)opensuse.org