On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:41, m.frerichs <m.frerichs(a)fz-juelich.de> wrote:
hurra , i succeeded to autoinstall a 12.1-client
after i explicitly umounted some filesystems at the end of post.sh
which i had mounted in it .
( i did this withount umount for instalaltion of 11.3 without irritation)
So the initial problem with autoyast not rebooting is solved? Great!
But many questions remain because of error messages in
my xml-file, see
In my script after installation the addition of many repos and " zypper
in " of hundreds
of rpms took a long , long time of several hours ,
which normally was executed in less then 1 hour in 11.3.
Is there a reason you don't use the <add-on> section to add the repos?
(From your profile I assume they live on NFS/SMB and are run in the
post script.) But I don't assume that would improve the install speed
in any way.
I shortened this process by adding
ipv6.disable=1 in the bootoptions.
Where can i lay this down in the xml-File and in /etc/sysconfig ?
Not sure if there is a better way via <sysconfig>, but in general
- you need to uncomment/set "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" in
- BUT ipv6 would then still be enabled in autoyast's stage1 (AFAICT),
- so you'd still have to type "ipv6.disable=1" at the boot prompt (or
create a custom boot media, including the boot options, to avoid
Many thanks to Christopher "m4z" Holm for
You're welcome! I've been helped countless times myself. It's a
ciiiircle -- shut up, Lion King! (;
Are you using
a particular large number of remove-packages, or a
particular small number of patterns? (Maybe you are still missing one
of the yast2* packages that provide the missing functionality.)
I normally expect
that all neccessary functions are collected in
i installed this: [...]
Are there still remaining problems with the packages/behavior, or was
everything solved by umounting?
"Tools" -> "Check Validity of Profile" (semi-useful because
there are a lot of false positives, YMMV) and
it is curious:
even if i succeed in installation i get error messages in my xml-File
* Section bootloader: Error
* Section chroot-scripts: Error
* Section deploy_image: OK
* Section general: Error
and same for all "error" sections
There are no former explanations and i can see nothing wrong in my
I would assume those are false positives then. I see lots of them,
too, even when the profile was created entirely by "yast autoyast".
IIRC there was bug report or thread on this ML about the schema files
being outdated, so don't be confused by these errors as long as
everything is fine.
Another way to debug this, apart from saving to another filename in
yast and then diffing (as described in my last mail), would be to diff
the profile on the server with the profile on the installed machine
after successful installation
(/var/adm/autoinstall/cache/installedSystem.xml or so). But again, as
long as there are no problems, there's no need to do that.
(If you had
package conflicts, you can also check this after
installation in /var/log/YaST2/badlist)
There was no such file
That is a good thing, it means there were no package conflicts.
I didn't make myself clear enough: The file exists *only* when there
686f6c6d / Christopher 'm4z' Holm
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-autoinstall+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-autoinstall+owner(a)opensuse.org