Le 16/09/2013 22:37, Daniel Bischof a écrit :
I'm running 12.3 w/ all fixes (using repos ) on my Samsung Chromebook ("Snow
Fremont B-E 5303"). Some things I observed/stumbled on/couldn't fix:
- In contrast to the Wiki, the webcam (UVC 1.00 device WebCam SC-03FFM12339N 2232:1037)
works for me without any tinkering (simply installed Ekiga and chose webcam as video
Yes, it has been fixed during hackweek I think. Wiki needs to be updated.
- In contrast to the Wiki, sound works. I had to unmute some items in alsamixer as
described in ) - does somebody know, if this is still dangerous ("you may fry your
speakers")? Doing what exactly would be dangerous?
Same. Wiki needs to be updated. I do not think that speakers can be broken with this
- The JeOS-image from  (1.12.1-Build88.1, 13 Jun 2013) doesn't boot (I used the
XFCE image, 1.12.1-Build66.3, 18 Apr 2013). Booting the JeOS image just stops at the
U-Boot prompt ("SMDK5250 #").
Maybe just a console= args to be updated.
- There is no way around building packages myself in order to play patent encumbered
video and audio (MP3 and the like), is there? I can play Internet radio and OGG using
Rhythmbox, though. I use Packman stuff (like libmpg123) for this on my x86 systems, but
Packman has no ARM repos.
It has now. ;)
For 12.3, use:
It is not available on packman mirrors ATM.
- No Firefox in repos, as explained in an earlier post on this list. I ended up
installing the one from the 12.2 repo, but that one is outdated.
- I couldn't find a way to switch to the console (as with Ctrl-Alt-F1..6 on a x86
OpenSUSE). Does somebody know how to do this?
No, it does not work ATM (xorg bug I guess).
- Closing the lid starts XScreenSaver. Triggering suspend (using "powersave
-u") terminates my X session and takes me back to the lightdm login. Subsequent
attempts to suspend result in an error message "org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError:
Sleep has already been requested and is pending".
- After 5 minutes of inactivity, the backlight goes off (black screen). Touching the
touchpad shows the mouse pointer, but not the desktop (remains black). Hitting
Ctrl-Alt-Leftarrow (the arrow key next to Esc) terminates my session and takes me back to
the lightdm login. Once in a while, the Chromebook completely freezes - black screen, hard
reset (Refresh-Power) required.
known problem, also a xorg bug I think.
- Accelerated video:  suggests that it is just copying libmali.so from ChromeOS
together with some symlinks to it. It isn't. X remains slow and I get plenty of
"libGL error: unable to load driver: armsoc_dri.so".
Yes, I tried to use it also but Mesa (software rendering) offers better performances. :(
- The lightdm login screen icons (the two at the very top right, for shutdown, etc.) are
not displayed properly.
Should be fixed in Factory.
The two main showstoppers are IMHO the unaccelerated video and the crashes mentioned
above (probably related to powersaving).
Is there something I could help with? Would it be useful to provide access to my
Chromebook via SSH? Test packages? Upgrade to Factory?
Factory image is broken ATM. But you can test packages and report bugs. And if you have
the knowledge, make patches to fix bugs. ;)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-arm+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-arm+owner(a)opensuse.org