Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,
In good tradition I am pleased to also give you an overview of the
last week on what happened in Tumbleweed.
We had 'only' two snapshots released this week (0425 & 0430). The main
reason was that the update of parted to version 3.2 managed to sneak
through the staging area, yet had a negative impact on the full post
-integration test runs (resizing partitions while installing openSUSE
side-by-side of Windows is not properly handled).
So, parted 3.2 is currently taken out of Tumbleweed again - but of
course scheduled to reach you later: once YaST has been adjusted to
handle the changes.
On the side of things that DID happen:
* As discussed on the -factory mailinglist, a couple packages have
been converted from GStreamer 0.10 to 1.0 (banshee, gnac)
* The kernel has been updated to version 4.0
What can we expect in the upcoming period?
* The KDE Team is hard at work to make Plasma 5.3 the default for
openSUSE. Work is still going on, but the staging areas are looking
* The switch of GCC 5 as default version is also still work in
progress. This is not forgotten yet.
* Progress on Ruby 2.2 seems to have stalled - there hasn't been any
progress in a while now. Volunteers to step up and work on the
fallouts in Staging:H are welcome 
Have a lot of fun,
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar(a)opensuse.org>
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-announce+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help(a)opensuse.org