Re: [zypp-devel] RFC: config Parameter ShowSearchDetails
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:00:11 +0200
On 15.05.2008 at 15:03, Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi,

Recently, the search within zypper was changed to no longer show version
information and repositories holding a package.
Either I just got to used to it or I'm really missing it.

I know of the --details switch, which became a standard for me by now and I
was wondering if there were any plans for a config switch
(/etc/zypp/zypp.conf) like
ShowSearchDetails: {true,false}

Yes, .zypperc is becoming more and more requested.

BTW, there is also a '-s' shorthand for '--details'

Jan,

Thank you for this shortcut, to bad without knowledge of the code, it is not
documented :) can you apply the attached patch so that everybody can know of it
by using the help system of zypper?

Dominique