Re: [radeonhd] Problems with radeonhd-driver on GeCube Radeon HD 2400PRO AGP
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:04:42 +0100
On Nov 28, 07 22:10:37 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
that having the patches in an own git is a very bad idea, if he uses the
standard git_version.sh for extracting the version number?

Given the number of lines in a typical Xorg.0.log, we could easily add
the summaries of the latest 10 or 20 commits there. Interested?

On the one hand I'm very interested in that - have been from the
beginning. On the other hand, others don't like the idea. I don't know
why, though.

But if the driver is packaged, 10 or 20 commits can easily not be enough
at some point of time, so packager should always change git_version.sh
so that the git commit number in the log points to the latest *upstream*
git version (+ local changes). If they want they can easily add the git
number of their local git repro in the log message as well.

CU