Re: [radeonhd] Problems with radeonhd-driver on GeCube Radeon HD 2400PRO AGP
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:04:42 +0100
On Nov 28, 07 22:10:37 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
that having the patches in an own git is a very bad idea, if he uses the
standard for extracting the version number?

Given the number of lines in a typical Xorg.0.log, we could easily add
the summaries of the latest 10 or 20 commits there. Interested?

On the one hand I'm very interested in that - have been from the
beginning. On the other hand, others don't like the idea. I don't know
why, though.

But if the driver is packaged, 10 or 20 commits can easily not be enough
at some point of time, so packager should always change
so that the git commit number in the log points to the latest *upstream*
git version (+ local changes). If they want they can easily add the git
number of their local git repro in the log message as well.

Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ R & D