Re: [opensuse] Re: Installation Woes
On 11/02/12 03:38, Billie Walsh wrote:
On 02/10/2012 10:16 AM, James Knott wrote:
jdd-gmane wrote:
I have never had to install any Windows file to install any version on
Linux. Where did you get the ISO file from?

if you read the dvd from windows, you see this exe file

Given that the DVDs are bootable, why bother installing from Windows?

Well, I wanted to get the DVD in the drive before rebooting. Catching the drive before the boot sequence gets to far can sometimes be a pain.

Perhaps I am thinking of something else here, but didn't you know that when you place a disc into a device while holding down the SHIFT key will stop Windows from actually doing what you have set to be done to it when you insert a disc (that is, if it is an audio disc or a DVD the disc will not be played)?

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.