Re: [opensuse] Re: Installation Woes
On 2/10/2012 2:34 PM, James Knott wrote:
Billie Walsh wrote:
did you try burning an other one?

jdd

Not yet. Now that I know the ISO is good burning a new DVD seems like
the next logical step.

When you boot from the DVD, there's an option to verify the disc is good.

I think he already said he doesn't even get that far when trying to boot.

I would check the md5 of the burned dvd not of the downloaded iso, or as jdd says just burn another and don't use the highest available speed setting. If reading the actual dvd checks out then there is no need to waste another minute on that.

Might be a thrice damned KMS / video driver issue too. Try adding "nomodeset" and/or "text" to the boot command line. nomodeset disables kms but shouldn't disable gui, text disables gui altogether.

--
bkw