Re: [opensuse] flash is so not idiot-proof
On Monday, January 09, 2012 20:44:46 Carl Hartung wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:05:44 -0500

Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2012/01/09 20:59 (GMT-0500) Carl Hartung composed:
On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:45:08 -0600 sc wrote:
yum, whatever that is

That's the CentOS front end to it's rpm system; comparable
to zypper, I believe.

It's CentOS because CentOS is a derivative of RedHat/Fedora,
originator of Yum. Yum & Zypper are not only front ends to
RPM, as RPM can't fetch RPMs or manage repos, but also
comprehensive package management, which RPM alone could
never be. Anything Yum can install, Zypper can too, as long
as it's somewhere Zypper can find.

Um, I /did/ write "comparable to", didn't I? And there is no
single definition of "front end"... apt, smart, yum,
zypper... even YaST qualify, don't they? In any case, I was
only *briefly* responding to the OP's "whatever that is"
comment. I omitted lots of things so as not to steer the
discussion off-topic.

in an attempt to get it back on-topic i'll mention another thing
i tried which failed to get it working: i downloaded the rpm
and ran rpm -i <module>, moving the module around until rpm
could find it -- but still all embedded flash content gives the
same "you need to install a flash player" message