Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.1 is not a major release
On Friday, November 25, 2011 03:23 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Dennis Gallien wrote:

[long snip]

Per, thanks for the thoughtful reply. Your comments (and Roger's, augmented by
the subsequent entertaining but meaningful "cats" banter) have provided the
clarity I sought. I've failed to keep up to date; I followed the links you
provided and must again say, mea culpa.

Jumping off at me was Roger's quoted "Linux for Adults" (well, "grown-ups").
And a number of statements which, if I may paraphrase, communicate that we are
primarily an inbound-focused group of capable contributing participants looking
to grow the community organically. Beginners are welcome, but in exchange the
community asks for a willingness to learn, to change, and to contribute.

Waaaaaay different than Ubuntu (in reality, Canonical).

All very clear now, and again I thank you and Roger for your patience.

Penance: I need to revisit the user forums, where I once spent much time. I'm
hopeful this clarity is more evident there now, albeit still needing to be
conveyed diplomatically and with patience. I feel on firm footing doing so
now.

I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.