Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.1 is not a major release
Roger Luedecke said the following on 11/24/2011 05:46 PM:

Yeah, our marketing could benefit from better clarity and a little less hype
and spin. Frankly though, unlike Canonical or RedHat which are very top
down... we on the other hand, despite our relation to SUSE are given enormous
freedom with our project. Whether that is good or bad is up to the case or
the
opinion. But what that certainly does mean is that the concept of say
"project
management" becomes more a matter of herding cats than anything. And thanks
the fanboyism of the Gnome and KDE guys, it sometimes is herding two battling
herds of cats.

"Cats" is an unfortunate metaphor.
Mine are sweethearts, but I realise that the cat family includes
Panthers and Pumas (aren't those good names for a programming language?).

Given the circumstances the Big Cats are a good match: roaring Lions who
think they are the King of the Jungle; tigers; pumas, panthers,
leopards... So which are matched to Gnome and KDE fanbois?

Definitely not rag-dolls and angoras!
Which are probably most people's ideas of 'cats'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

--
"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,