Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.1 is not a major release
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:31:24 -0800
On Thursday, November 24, 2011 01:08:12 PM Dennis Gallien wrote:
If on the other hand our real target users are those like most of us, i.e.,
intermediate and power users, sysadmins, developers, engineers,
free-software disciples, etc. then I entirely withdraw my initial
recommendations. While we should expect there to be no genuine
"show-stopper" bugs, otherwise the vast majority of us and others that may
join us are able to work thru the inevitable glitches in a new
release. Some of us will (and many do) wait for later stability, others
will jump in immediately. We understand the trade-offs. We may get
frustrated, but we certainly shouldn't be surprised.
The above quote is more our target. "Linux for adults." Though we don't mind
the newb, we have no intention of dumbing down any of our tech. If you want
commercial grade stability and support you get SUSE Linux Enterprise, openSUSE
has no warranties.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador