Re: [opensuse] What happened? - now I have an extra hard drive
On 09/11/11 11:39, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 11/07/2011 11:46 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Hmmmm, your reference here to Tumbleweed does not bode well for Tumbleweed.....
Are you saying that all the effort being put into Tumbleweed is a waste of time
because if one uses it for what it is intended, as I understand its intention to
be, then "all bets are off", as they say in the moving pictures, and anyone
using Tumbleweed will be ignored when they mention a problem?

Sheeze! And I thought I was the one that resisted progress in refusing to be a 4-year beta tester for KDE4....

There needs to be clear identification of those openSuSE devs who are involved in tumbleweed AND who are willing to tackle bugs associated with it. This mentality of "We won't help because 'it's build service' or 'it's tumbleweed' has got to be a thing of the past if we are going to harness all resources moving into the future." Ironing out tumbleweed so it becomes a seamless system of packing upstream releases and updating 'openSuSE' will need everyone involved.

So who/what are/is the goto people/bugzilla for problems with tumbleweed?

Hi David,

Have you read this?:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/A-Disturbing-Dialog-About-Ubuntu-and-Unity

BC

--
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it,
but in the end, there it is.