Re: [opensuse] KDE or Gnome?
On 2011/04/24 08:02 (GMT-0700) Mike Coday composed:

I imagine that this is hard to answer and quite subject to personal
taste

It sure is. The first time I ever started X it came up with an icky dirty baby diaper Gnome color scheme. As soon as I figured out how I switched to KDE, and that's been my virtually only DTE ever since.

I am struggling a bit with the Gnome interface and I really would like
to stay with linux this time, so is KDE easier to manage for the user
trying to get away from Microsoft?

Well, KDE to start with has it's panel (taskbar) at the bottom of the screen, and its application starter (start menu) at the left end of the panel.

There's also LXDE and XFCE and others for those who aren't happy with Gnome or KDE.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/