Re: [opensuse] kde 4.5 - did a dbus update come with that?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:28:16 -0500
On 09/24/2010 06:31 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Searching OBS for dbus-1, I don't see 1.3 or 1.4 for 11.3 (1.4 is in factory)

http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=dbus-1&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_filter=home%3A&exclude_debug=true

Thus my confusion about why the KDE team made a 4.5 repo if it relies
on a version of dbus that is not available in the OBS.

Sorry, I got dbus-1.4 about a week ago in an Arch update. I know there are some
SuSE packages, but since webpin is busted for 11.3 you will have to get somebody
on the list to post a repo where it can be found. You can try zypper se -s, but
that would only get packages in your configured repositories.

It sure is a PITA not having a working webpin for 11.3 (of all thing not
webpin). Evidently nobody implemented the standard webpin 1X indexes for 11.3
and webpin2 isn't ready yet so we are just --- waiting, waiting, waiting... How
long ago was 11.3 released??

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC