Re: Re[2]: [opensuse] KDE3 on 11.3 ??
  • From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:15:54 +0300
2010/7/22 Илья Черных <neptunia@xxxxxxx>:
The fact is that a change in the underlying code had to take place.

Do you think KDE4 is just a new version of KDE? It was not a change, it was
replacement of KDE with
another completely different desktop environment, designed completely
separately. KDE4 is not KDE in
any way.

Thanks, Iliya, for bringing this up. I think that this is the source
of frustration for most KDE 3 users: KDE 4 is not KDE 3. KDE 3 was a
great desktop, KDE 4 is just an average desktop. It was buggy and
feature-incomplete for the first three minor number versions. But the
KDE devs really do want to fix the outstanding issues. Let me know
what they are.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il