Re: [opensuse] KDE3 on 11.3 ??
  • From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:12:52 +0300
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 20:55, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lew Wolfgang wrote:

In my opinion, if you're not moving forward, you're being left behind.
Windows 7 has a very appealing look and feel to the masses.

I don't have a problem with moving forward.  I have a problem when we lose
function, especially in exchange for eye candy.

We've discussed this many times, but I'll mention it again. Let me
know what functionality of KDE 3 is missing in KDE 4.5 (or 4.4 if you
can't get 4.5) and I'll look into it. Just from this list alone I've
filed about 200 bugs, and all together it's almost 1500 bugs. The KDE
devs are more than happy to fix most things (not all, I know that) but
the way to let them know is in bugs.kde.org, not here. Users like Dave
and James have helped a lot in this.

I recommend to start a new thread on your KDE 4 issues _and_CC_me_
rather than hijacking this one. I'll triage the issues and file the
bugs. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il