Re: [opensuse] This mailing list vis-a-vis the opensuse forums?
  • From: Gudmund Areskoug <gudmundpublic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:15:19 +0200
Patrick Shanahan skrev:
* Gudmund Areskoug <gudmundpublic@xxxxxxxxx> [07-20-10 09:30]:
It seems like you can sometimes have it all.

A probably well known thing I found while investigating how to
consolidate communication in a similar situation outside my own
control:
<http://www.citadel.org/>

Yes, *you* can have it all, but in a very narrow window. Your neighbor
cannot w/o the same or similar software packages. To truly "have it all"
the three forums would have to be combined, somehow.

As I understood it, Citadel allows just that, so that the users can access one and the same forum using whatever means they like, be it via e. g. web or e-mail, because it's all stored in a database, web and e-mail just being different ways to communicate with it.

But I may have misunderstood the Citadel documentation.

BR,
Gudmund
--
This message and any replies to it is scanned by http://www.fra.se. Please direct any complaints about this to them.