Re: [opensuse] Kmail not retrieving all POP3 emails
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 01:08:30 +0200

On 2010-07-15 00:59, ianseeks wrote:
On Wednesday 14 Jul 2010 23:36:26 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Change your client configuration to use IMAP, a proper protocol for
email retrieval.

Can you do that with an POP3 account?

Certainly not.

However, you can try, to see if they do have imap. I have found several
providers that did have
imap, although disabled at some point. I mean, some had the port opened, some
had an imap server
responding, but at the last minute, authentication would always fail. And some,
after a few years,
suddenly announced they had added imap to their service.

(the imap server was there because the software they used had both pop3/imap.
But they didn't have
the resources, and disabled it).

And some never add imap to their service. Unless you pay extra, that is.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))