Re: [opensuse] Swiftfox: opinions?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:21:09 -0400
On 2010/04/08 18:26 (GMT+0300) Dotan Cohen composed:

I have an Intel DuoCore 2 processor, would that be a Prescott for
purposes of the app?

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27463 is one example of a Prescott.
AFAICT, all Prescotts are Hyperthreading and not dual core. My Cedar Mills
are newer, and also Hyperthreading and not dual core. cat /proc/cpuinfo might
lead one to believe such a CPU is dual core, but it isn't. e.g. one of my
Cedar Mills shows family 15 model 6 stepping 5 on "both" processor 0 and 1.
IIRC, the first family subsequent to Cedar Mills were the first dual cores
from Intel.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/