Re: [opensuse] WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -- Good News! Good News! Good News!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:03:37 +1100
On 12/02/10 18:56, Bob Williams wrote:
On Friday 12 Feb 2010 06:59:25 Basil Chupin wrote:

If you install KDE4.4 you will be pleased to know that you are now able
to set *each* desktop to have its *own individual* Wallpaper! 8-) . Waahoo!

That's the *good* 'noos'.

The *bad* 'noos' is that it will take you to first attain a University
degree with a major in non-creative thinking* *- otherwise known as
*"fuzzy thinking"* - to be able to achieve this :-( .

DON"T attempt to do this unless you first practice on some test setup....

I have now miraculously achieved this feat 3 times (on my 6x KDE 4.4
(nee 4.3) Desktops) but I still do not quite know how I achieved this :-( .

(The whole is supposed to be quite "intuitive" - but typically only for
those who bloody-well know what they are doing!

If you don't, then simply stick with KDE4.3 or earlier.)

BC

How does it differ from the KDE 4.3 way of selecting a different activity for
each desktop first?

Bob

Sorry, Bob, cannot answer as I could never work out how it could be done
in 4.3 (even though I did try).

But tomorrow, after I have had some sleep and refreshed my mind, I will
set the Wallpaper for the remainder 3 Desktops so that they look like
they did in KDE3 and will report on how I managed to do it (which is
what Dotan also would like to know as part of trying to make it easier
for NORMAL, OFF-THE-STREET, EVERYDAY, users to get it done :-) .

(In the meantime, one could simply close one's eyes, left-click and
right-click in a few places and, VOILA! you just might strike it lucky :-D .

Intuition does not come into it.

Fuzzy logic and sheer luck is what it is all about. And also being aware
of what could suddenly be presented to you in SuSE/openSUSE nowadays
also helps :-D .)

BC

--
"Will the highways of the internet become more few?"
George W Bush