Re: [opensuse] Linux on a single computer
  • From: lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:16:21 +0100
On Wednesday 16 December 2009 17:20:59 Felix Miata wrote:
On 2009/12/16 17:02 (GMT+0100) Clayton composed:
OK, you can easily argue that these apps are not "necessary" to do
"real work" whatever that is.. but in Lynn's case, it's a test for
Linux as a home computer, not a server, not a "work" computer.

Well expressed. Maybe that's what I should have included in the original post.
That's what it's become for me.

OK Update. I installed 11.2 from the kde live cd on a dell gx260. I have
Internet and kde4. I am 4 hours into the install and cannot change the screen
resolution beyond 800x600 on a 1440x900 flat screen, (there seems to be no
option in Yast anymore to be able to do this) I cannot play videos and my
(given old) quickcam express doesn't work. kmail was easy. Next I must install
the packman repository or find the opensuse one click install for the codecs
or mplayer or WHY. I now have a home computer running Linux on a single
computer. I never thought I'd get this far.
L x