Re: [opensuse] bottom posting is, generally, inhumane;
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:19:30 +0100

G T Smith wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
Peter Nikolic wrote:

BTW, I 'bottom' posted, because in this case, it made 'sense'. I responded
to a short quote of what you said, but when people included pages of
previous text, and add a few lines at the bottom, they should be forced to
listen to elevator music for days on end.
linda

BTW Would be rather nice if you at least keep your text formatted
consistently. A line length >80 is *not* friendly, and the iffy
formatting is creating the situation where TBird is generating
occasional very long lines in quoting your message and with apologies to
others I am damned if I am going to edit the original text to get the
reply to look reasonable on this occasion. Might be worth learning how
to use your mail client and consider the benefits of consistent
formatting before commenting about the current agreed practices on a
mailing list.....

Intriguing, message composer formats one way, message is sent/received
perfectly OK ... something rather odd going here... need to look into
this further ....

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup