Re: [opensuse] Linux Server Admins - Please Let Me Know Your Thoughts
On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 14:51 -0700, Ben Kevan wrote:
Today I was approached by management (a different division that handles
standards etc) and was told that I have to give a compelling reason of why
I need to run Linux instead of the standard "windows".
I need to come up with a nice list / document why by tomorrow.. but I'm so
irritated right now, that I'm having a hard time formulate something in a
professional matter..
So I'm reaching out to the sys admins here asking for some help and lists
of some good reasonings..

What services are you providing? Systems do not exist to run Operating
Systems, they exist to provide services. The best business case is to
use the platform most suitable for providing the required services. So
without that information there is no way to answer this question.