Re: [opensuse] 11.1 install question
  • From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:44:19 -0500
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Mark Hounschell <markh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've done a clean install of 11.1. I selected kde 3.5 instead of kde 4.x. At
the logon I have gdm not kdm.
I login and I have a gnome Desktop, not a kde desktop? I changed the display
manager in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
from gdm to kdm the ran SuSEconfig. Then I rebooted. I got kdm but still have
gnome desktop.

What is the trick to doing a clean install and having kde 3.5 as my desktop
with
NO gnome?

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

Is there a way to select the session type on your KDE3 login screen?
(If it's there it would be in the lower left corner of your screen.)

Boris.