Re: [opensuse] Problems installing 11.1
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:21:11 -0500
Fred A. Miller said the following on 12/19/2008 02:02 AM:

How can I persuade the installer to make use of the LVM volumes?
How can I persuade the installer to respect changed files in /etc ?

Anton, I haven't done an LVM install, so maybe this is off base, but get
the correct (32 or 64-bit) DVD ISO and burn it. A CD install just isn't
a complete release as a DVD....OFTEN this makes or breaks an install.

Le me contrast this, then, with the 11.0 install from the live CD that
DID have an 'INSTALL' option on the boot menu and that DID respect the
LVM an mount the partitions before doing the install. The 11.0 install
was so smooth and successful, even compared to other distributions, that
I was deceived into thinking this would follow with the same
capabilities and smoothness.

To coin the immortal phrase:
"It worked before, it doesn't work now"

For various reasons burning a DVD in the short term is not practical.

--
"Politics is the art of appearing candid and completely open, while
concealing as much as possible."