Re: [opensuse] boot partitions
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:30:02 +0100
Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have 11.1 with xfs and it has never been a problem. You have to
install grub in the mbr as xfs uses too much of the first sector on the
drive to allow grub. If you don't want any problems with your install
create a small boot partition of ext3 but if you upgrade an xfs
partition and know what you're doing you shouldn't have a problem.

Depending on how you do it, it works sometimes ;)

A separate /boot partition ensures that it works always. There was a
thread on the opensuse-factory list, I suggest to go to the archives at
lists.opensuse.org and read the details there,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany