Re: [opensuse] Dumb Online Update Question
  • From: Jerry Houston <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:48:51 -0800
On Monday 10 November 2008 21:16:04 David C. Rankin wrote:
Sorry, I forgot the detail of "software management" updates. If you want
to update all packages on your system to the latest version contained on
the repositories you have added, then for 11.0:

yast -> software management -> Package -> All Packages -> update if newer
version available

I didn't ask the original question, but I just wanted to add my thanks to you
for mentioning this. I should have realized that this method is available,
but didn't. Or if I did, I'd forgotten it.

I've done a lot of updating by going down lists showing installed/available
versions, and clicking packages individually.