Re: [opensuse] DMA -- control over in YaST Control Centre
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 15:58:09 +1100
Basil Chupin wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

My notes show me how to force the correct DMA in etc/sysconfig/ide but
I cannot remember what the command line statement is which will
display what DMA is being used by each of the devices. Could someone
please refresh my memory?

hdparm <device>

hdparm --help

man hdparm

Thanks, Patrick. I looked in man hdparm but got absolutely lost in all
the 'waffle' -- most of the man pages could do with some simple examples
on how to do things rather than go on and on listing available options :-) .

The question now remains is why isn't the DMA set correctly in 11.1
Beta4 for the CDROM -- and why, just like in 11.0, there is no option to
view and set the DMA in the Control Centre?

Further to the above, I thought there is a command line which will actually
show what the DMA of a device is. hdparm as used above only shows if the DMA is
set (1) or not set (0).

Ciao.

--
Understanding only begins with the act of perception.