[opensuse] Upgrade to OpenSUSE 11
  • From: "Ray Madigan" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 00:13:19 -0700
I had a machine hard drive go south so I upgraded that machine to opensuse
11. I have other machines in my lab and I want to upgrade them from 9.1 to
11.0. I have tried to find some information in the documentation, but I
couldn't find a thread. My highest priority is to have smooth running
machines.

Is it better to start from a bare hard drive and reinstall everything or to
upgrade the current installation if this is even possible?

Will it keep all/some of my applications/settings?

If the answer is written somewhere point me near it and I will ferret out
the answer myself. I appreciate your help.