Re: [opensuse] openSUSE Weekly News, Issue 38
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:52:11 -0400
On Saturday 13 September 2008 07:45:27 pm James Knott wrote:
Larry Stotler wrote:
That, and the bling, it the biggest reason I don't use it.

Here's another vote against "eye candy". I want a desktop that clean and
functional. I don't want it bogged down with all that extra crap. If
it's necessary to include it with KDE 4, then I consider it mandatory
that it can be turned off. Otherwise, KDE 4 will also be considered to
be so much useless garbage.
--

I agree also!! If the bling is included in the desktop make it an option not
required if you choose to use KDE. I like KDE and have used it since I

Mike.