Re: [opensuse] Back to 10.3
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 02:06:07 -0700
On Friday 22 August 2008 10:14:55 John Andersen wrote:
If you are new to linux, I would recommend sticking to Either Gnome
or KDE.  Its your choice, you can run all three, but things are way
less confusing if you
pick one and stick with that.  KDE 3 is so complete and feature rich that I
find no use for Gnome, but that's just me.

Assuming you are indeed new to Linux, I just want to state what is obvious to
those that have been around a spell: You do not have to run the Gnome
desktop environment to run gtk apps like Gimp or evolution. They will run
just fine inside of KDE (3.5.9, at least, 4.1 is still wonky, especially with
nvidia graphics). The reverse is also true.

--Mark