Re: [opensuse] KMail
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:50:48 +0200

That is correct, TBird has never moved the FF application to another
window when *any* other application opens a window IF FF is already
running in another window already....at least on my (and her)
system(s).

I wonder if this has to do, somehow, with the precise invocation KMail is using to hand off a URL to Firefox? According to the current configuration of my KDE file associations, for the MIME type text/html, this action is performed:

/opt/MozillaFirefox/lib/mozilla-xremote-client -a firefox "openURL(%u)"

I have never experienced the problem that Richard C. reports. (I have Firefox configured to open remotely dispatched URLs of this sort in a new tab in the current / most recently active window.)

How old is your system? ;-)
If you call /opt/MozillaFirefox/lib/mozilla-xremote-client it must be from stone age or so.
But anyway it's a serious question.

Wolfgang