Re: [opensuse] Why can't I use "shutdown now" to turn off my system?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:29:22 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2008-02-12 at 10:42 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:

wants to power off orderly. Such a touch must not power off instantly any
PC. To forcelly poweroff you have to press the button and keep it pressed
for 4 seconds, or pull the cable.

Oh, yeah, i see what you mean.\

It's been so long since I've had or worked on any machine
which did NOT require long push down to turn off power that
I had completely forgot about the difference.

:-)

I've worked with some that required to press at least two buttons to power of or reset, as a precaution.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.