[opensuse] rsync questions - backups - again !
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 23:40:26 -0500
Hello SuSE people,

I plan to buy an external USB drive for my backups. I would really like to do
a commmplete and full backup.

Can I make a "clone" of my SUSE 10.3 ? I mean bootable and everything. If not,
can I copy everything and then boot it from the DVD? Again, if not, and I
just want a backup of everything, must I partition the new drive exactly as
the original drive and rsync the partitions individually?

I am thinking hard drive failure (could take it out of the enclosure and
replace the failed internal disk with it) as well as file corruption backups.
Used to use Kdar for backups but it isn't supported for 10.3 Was always
worried about a reinstall after a hard drive failure with all of the extra
stuff I have installed.

Bob S