Re: [opensuse] future of xmms
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:26:41 +0200
eddie wrote:
Has xmms been discontinued for 10.3? I've downloaded 10.3 RC1 and configured a number of software repositories. However, I've been unable to find a version for 10.3. I do prefer it as a simple alternative for the all-embracing media players of one type or another. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or it has been ported as yet.

Eddie

Comments to several packages in the factory changelog http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/ChangeLog indicates XMMS has been dropped, such as:
++++ irssi-extra:
  - drop l33tmusic (xmms dropped)

But I see no change in the log for the XMMS package itself, perhaps it was discussed/posted elsewhere.

Best regards
Sylvester