Re: [opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:10:34 -0800

Jorge Fábregas wrote:
Hello there,

I'm planning to buy an ipod and after googling for "linux+ ipod" I think I'm going to use GTKpod. I have a question though...
Assuming my iPod is already formatted with FAT32, isn't it just a matter of mounting the ipod and copy my mp3's to some specific folder on the "mounted drive"? Why do I need an app? I initially thought that the ipod (Nano 2G in this case) wasn't perceived as an "USB mass storage device" but I'm confused now :(
Your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jorge

Unfortunately for the built in menu system to work, there is a quasi propritary menu system that has to be kept up... That's what GTKpod does. and it does it well on mine

--
One day at a time, one second if that's what it takes