Re: [opensuse] What happened to synce, rapi and kcemirror
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:29:00 +0200
On 1/2/07, Marcel Ruff <mr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Did you configure synce serial connection and started it?
>
> I have my iPaq on ttyUSB0, so I used synce-serial-config to set it up
> and then I'm calling synce-serial-start to actually connect to PDA.
Ahh, yes these are lost in suse 10.2 as well, i can't find them anywhere.
Do you remember where you got synce-serial-config from?

This is part of synce package.
I'm sorry, actually I used synce rpm from that
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/atrpms.net/sl10.2-i386/suse/RPMS.release

I tried synce-kde from this site, but raki crashed. So I compiled the
package from source taken from sourceforge.net, as you wrote.
I also used orange, unshield and dynamite from sourceforge.
Maybe it was possible to do it other way, but I've only managed to
compile synce-kde after I configured and installed all these 3 packets
with option --prefix=/usr and then configured synce-kde with options
--with-libdynamite=/usr --with-libunshield=/usr... and so on (not sure
the syntax is exactly like that). In this case synce-kde components
were placed into correct directories so KDE could find them.

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein