Re: [opensuse] usb external disk questions
  • From: Primm <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:39:24 +0100
On Sunday 24 December 2006 14:15, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [12-24-06 07:31]:
> > the better way is to name the partition (label), so that
> > it's mounted in /media/<name>
> >
> > however, I don't remember exactly how to name it :-(
>
> The YasT Partition Editor can do it.

As it stands, /media/disk doesn't exist until I plug in the external disk.
That is what yast chose as a mount point when I formatted it (it had ntfs to
begin with). Is what you are saying to create a permanent directory called
<name> under the /media directory? Confused.

My main concern is that the mount point will always be the same every time I
plug it in. In my case /media/disk Or will it change depending upon what else
is plugged in? I need to write a script to rsync to it and so need to have a
fixed mount point.

Cheers, Steve.