SUSE, OpenSUSE, SUSE Linux: confused...
  • From: Azerion <azerion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:08:58 +0100
Hi,

I noticed that a lot of people don't know the difference between:
SUSE - company
OpenSUSE - the project
SUSE Linux - the OS

They talk (i did also) about running OpenSUSE, or running SUSE. We all know
what the other means with that...but it is not correct. Maybe it is an idea
to put an explanation about the 3 into the release-notes or something else
that will be used on other news-sites. Or ... maybe it is an idea to call
SUSE Linux simply...OpenSUSE Linux. That will make thins clearer for the
customer (I 0was searching for the OpenSUSE-distro myself in bugzilla and
once I saw SUSE 10.1 I just thought: okey, that is just another name...)

How about it?

Azerion